• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Salford Man Distraught After Passport Photo Makes Him Look Like Hitler

Main Menu

Respawnkilling

Started by SCoob [NL], August 11, 2002, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCoob [NL]

Well, saw some old post bout this subject, so I though I better start a new one.
Some maps are doomed to have Spawnkillings, but I don't mind, as long if it doesnt happen in every map it's oke by me.
I hate it when it happens, but with some maps (f.e. Das Boot) it will happen faster then in other maps.
Can be fun, can be a drag. Can be cool if you manage to kill the SK-ers :)

2toes

I agree, was playing om Hamster Server other night and the submarine map was a knightmare, as everyone was spawn killing, the allies.

Although......I have to say it made it a challenge and so rewarding when you managed to get out, and kill some Axis players.....

We all have been guilty,.... @ one time or anuva when it comes to spawn killing, and once you know the maps, you can easily aviod doing so..

Keep it up Hamsters,

SCooby, I'll kill u some more soon, lol..... :-)

adslrizla

If people are spawn killing then please tell us about it on IRC. There is a nice web chat client for you to use on the main page of this site.

There is absolutely no point in telling us about it a day after the event! We need to be able to go in, spectate and then kick or ban the offenders. Telling us now is meaningless I'm afraid.

2toes

Adslrizla.
            Dont think SCooby or Me were compainling about any1 player. But were commenting on the maps that have been poorly created.

If we are aware of anybody spawnkilling on a regular basis then we'll let you buddie. Cheers for the advice.

mr_sharkeh

Das boot doesn't have spawnkilling... I believe you're referring to the map subpen (think it's called that). Das Boot is an objective map and subpen is a DM/RB/TDM map.

2toes

The map is Submarine Base and is on TDM4, FFA6, Hamsterserver 1.

TDM1 on Hamsterserver 2...

Hope this helps

|fury|

Quote from: KOP_Mr SharkyDas boot doesn't have spawnkilling...

Depends if you're playing round-based or not. i have seen instances of an axis player getting up near the guard tower and picking the allies off as they respawn

mr_sharkeh

well i only play it as objective.... respawning's scary :|

SCoob [NL]

We had a spawnkiller tonight and I tried to contact a admin on IRC.
Problem was sorted out, but no admin was there.
I don't think they are there 24/7, so what time is an admin around?

|fury|

I'm surprised you couldn't locate an admin scoob, it must have been bad timing..

There's usually at least 1 admin around almost all the time between 08:00 and 00:00 - 01:00 ish

SCoob [NL]

That's all I wanted to know, think it was around 3 am then  :) :oops:

adslrizla

If you can't find an admin in future mate then can you make a note of the player's name and PM it to me please. That way we can go and spectate on him if he comes back and see whether he's doing the same. If he is then he goes on the banned list and he can find somewhere else to play.

SCoob [NL]

The player (no need to mention his name) wasn't updated with the rules of the server, we managed to convince him he could better not do it anymore if he wants to keep playing, so he stopped with it.

No problem anymore, but atleast I know till when the admins are reachable.

Miss_44DD

I like the idea of SpawnKillers being banned etc, but what happens if it's an accidental kill?  Unfortunately, I have done it myself - in the 'heat of the battle' - but not often, thankfully, and hate it when it does happen!!  would there be any appeal?

Undergrid

Quote from: Miss_44DDI like the idea of SpawnKillers being banned etc, but what happens if it's an accidental kill?  Unfortunately, I have done it myself - in the 'heat of the battle' - but not often, thankfully, and hate it when it does happen!!  would there be any appeal?

These things happen in the heat of battle.  You'll generally find that an admin will give you a warning if there is one about, if you just do it once or twice.  You'll only get banned if you repeatedly spawn kill.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?