• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Angry Seagull Forces Cornwall Tesco To Close After Taking Over Pet Food Aisle.

Main Menu

XP Shutdown on Fatal Error

Started by m0rpheen, May 03, 2002, 01:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arathrael

Power supply and cooling strike me as two things to check. What's the PSU, what cooling have you got?

If you haven't got something like it already, you could try motherboard monitor (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/) to check the temperature, and the voltages on the PSU.
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

DubWhiZZ

jeez, you wait til I go away to post your specs.

Anyway, Have you clocked it yourself or was it bought at 2Ghz.
How do you know its running cool? Check out the temps.

I think if its going blammo on you then it wont be showing anything in the event viewer but you should start looking in there anyway.

Let me know

Dub

Tigger

Could always install win 98 and not upgrade it. :lol:  :lol:
Or just buy your computer from reputable dealer :wink:  :wink:

permission to remind me of sarcastic statments like this is denied (especially when mine breaks down) :D

DubWhiZZ

Quote from: Bravo 22

permission to remind me of sarcastic statments like this is denied (especially when mine breaks down) :D

Wht the F@ck do you wanna do that? I've tried rebuilding pc's for friend from so called reputable dealers and they all had unbranded taiwanese shite in em. You try finding drivers for a sound card with just a chipset to go on.

I like to know whats in my box (  :wink: )

Dub

Tigger

Its alright DW, I work with mOrpheen. When I brought my computer (about 3 weeks after he did) from a small back street shop in Brighton I had a few problems (caused by thier currupted windows disc). I sorted it by reloading 98, he advised me to upgrade to XP as it was more stable, but I couldn't be bothered changing all my drivers. His computer is from Dell.
 So as you can see, pure sarcasm  :lol:
 He also helps me when I get in a pickle with this thing (about once a day, if I'm lucky) as I'm a complete GIMP when it comes to computers.  :wink: Not pressing enter after the password stopped me from joining in the fun on Friday :oops:

BlankFrank

Hmmm

I wonder if he prefers branded Taiwanese shite?

:lol:  :lol:

DubWhiZZ

I hope he doesnt if he wants to sort this issue!!!

<<<Bumpage>>>

Have you got any more vlues Steve?

Dub