hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Woman Leaves Dog In Car, Dog Crashes Car Into Supermarket

Author Topic: Hunting grounds  (Read 653 times)

Tricky

• Cider drinker!
  • Administrator
  • Captain
Hunting grounds
« on: July 11, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »

I'm currently grinding swordsman at the mo and took a trip to Talus to see what it what like. Quite a nice place for lair slapping as it happens. New Alderaan has a doctor buff bot, which is handy when Mos Eisley has no docs buffing. From there I was getting Huf dun and Turton (sic?) missions which give loads of combat XP, are quick to kill, and give high harvest quantities too. 3 lairs got me half way to novice swordsman which is very fast!  Got any good hunting grounds to share?

Undergrid

• Administrator
  • Captain
Re: Hunting grounds
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

Dantooine is pretty good once you get slightly higher up the skill trees and if you have a solo group.  There are two player cities just north of the Agro outpost (I think, the southern most starport) which have (or had the last time I was there) improved job markets.  Galactic Ridge (or something like that) is one of them, I can't remember the other. 

You can basically get jobs to the SE from the northernmost one which will more or less take you to the other city giving very little travel time between finishing the jobs and getting to a terminal.  Obviously taking jobs to the NW will give the same result for the reverse journey.  You get more jobs done per buff and since they have an Improved job market, more credits as the reward.

Just be careful what jobs you choose especially if you are a melee character, there are a good number of ranged MOBs out there.  Oh and if your ranged, take an Acid or Stun damage weapon (preferably with armor piercing).  I don't know if swordsman has damage type selection like a pistoleer has (UG is Pistoleer and TKA) but a lot of stuff has high Kinetic, Energy and Heat resists.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:31:47 PM by Undergrid »
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Tricky

• Cider drinker!
  • Administrator
  • Captain
Re: Hunting grounds
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 09:44:39 AM »

After our hunt I took a trip to Goontown to buy a large hammer and noticed that in their cantina they have a master squad leader for solo grouping. Goontown was surprisingly busy for a player city. It's also IJM. I grouped with the squad leader and then scanned a few mission payouts and I was getting 22k missions! Normally in a solo group I'll get up to 11k maybe even in an IJM like Libertyville. 

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.