• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Man Driving Giant Foot Leaves London Very, Very Confused

Main Menu

pc knackered :(

Started by Emma, November 21, 2013, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma

Hi guys, hope your all well?
I have a pc issue and was hoping you guys could help!
My pc won't boot, I'm thinking it maybe my motherboard, power is going in but no monitor, no pc beeps, nothing :(
Any ideas?

JohnnyFind

What exactly happens when you attempt to boot it up, do you see the lights on the front panel?

Do you see the bios bootup screen on the monitor at all?

Does your motherboard have a two digit post code display?

As always it's a process of elimination with pc faults...

Emma

Hi Johnny, thanks for replying :)
The power and lights are working, nothing at all to the monitor, tried hubbys monitor also.
No idea what a pass code display is, lol :)

Emma

I've also switched memory and hard drives from hubbys pc and its still the same, just nothing to the monitor :(

Tricky

Hi Em,

Does your PC have a graphics card or are you using onboard/integrated motherboard graphics? If you normally use a separate graphics card but have onboard graphics that are disabled, try using those and see what happens. Or swap in a different graphics card and try that.

Emma

Sorry Tricky, I did do that also, that's what makes me think it's the motherboard.........

JohnnyFind

Might be the PSU.

Can you see any lights on the motherboard?

Emma

Undergrid

Does the fan turn on the Power Supply?  It's not a guarantee that the supply works but if it's not it's a good sign the problem is with the PSU.  Have you tried switching the power lead incase its something as simple as a blown fuse?
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?