Subjects of Interest > The Computer Club

BT Infinity

(1/4) > >>

JohnnyFind:
For the second time the BT infinity availability date has slipped for my exchange, I'm so annoyed with these muppets.

Now I have to wait until the end of June at the earliest. 

I don't know if I can carry on like this any more  :derpregenhealth:

RichardWhitely:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 22 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 16 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 13.72Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

:-|

JohnnyFind:
They are two vastly different download speeds, what does it mean, I'm confused?

Your not telling me in a round about way that you have FTTC before me are you?

I personally think I have a long wait as the tits are still laying in my borough, let alone updating the cabinets.

RichardWhitely:
Yes I have FTTC and I'm on the 80Mbps FTTC trial as well. However I rarely see the full speed from my line (77Mbps) due to BT being stingy with the backhaul capacity from the cabinet/exchange. And the second speed result is what I usually see - especially in the evenings.

The only reason I have FTTC is cos the Northern Ireland Assembly gave BT a [censored]ton of money 2 years ago and said "HERE! Give every cabinet in Northern Ireland FTTC!". Over the last year and a bit there has been a huge amount of work gone into the project and pretty much nearly every cabinet in Northern Ireland is done.

JohnnyFind:
Good for you, I'm jealous to say the least.  Your download might be all over the shop but that upload speed is awesome.

I have five machines in my household, not to mention the ipads and iphones... the whole thing is creaking under the load.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version