Author Topic: Ordering through Origin  (Read 1264 times)

Undergrid

• Administrator
  • Captain
Ordering through Origin
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »
OK, so I did the unbelievable and switched my pre-order for Mass Effect 3 from Amazon (who never manages to get things here on release day) to Origin (and I wanted that extra armor too, sue me).

I did see something odd in the T's & C's though:

If your order contains downloadable software, you have 30 days to download your purchase. After you download we suggest you save a copy of the downloaded file on an external drive, CD, DVD, or some other storage medium in the event you have computer problems or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt.

Only thirty days to download?  Isn't Origin supposed to be like Steam where you can download whenever and where ever you like?
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

RichardWhitely

• Ba-da, ba-da, ba-da-da-da: booooooooooo!
  • Administrator
  • Major
Re: Ordering through Origin
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:23:51 PM »
I got stuff through origin about a month and a half ago. I can still download it now. Plus added a lot of retail keys from my games sitting on the shelf (Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, Battlefield 2 bad company and so on). All still available and ready to download. Not to mention the fact theres also an option for me to download SW:TOR from the origin store and has been there since the day I registered the game.

If in doubt you can get origin to save a copy of the installers and then you can archive that to DVD or another drive. The option to save copy of install is somewhere in the settings.
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

JohnnyFind

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Maybe it's just an ass covering clause, let me know if you have any problems though.

Seems all this downloading lark is the future, as the next gen xbox and playstation both now confirmed to be disc less.

Undergrid

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »
Maybe it's just an ass covering clause, let me know if you have any problems though.

Seems all this downloading lark is the future, as the next gen xbox and playstation both now confirmed to be disc less.

And they'll put tiny hard disks in them and charge you 100 times the cost of the actual disk drive for an upgrade</cynic>
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?