• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Monkey Walks Into Bar, Drinks Rum, Steals Knife, Attacks Patrons

Main Menu

changing isp again

Started by RichardWhitely, August 05, 2010, 06:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardWhitely

So yeah changing again because:

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 36.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 8.2Mbps."

Don't know which ISP to go with, choice will come down to AAISP or Zen. None of the rest of the ISP's offer the traffic bandwidth options I want.
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Undergrid

BE still havn't gotten around to jumping on the Infinity bandwagon, and their starting to loose customers because of it.  Twice the down speed, a huge boost in up speed at about the same price?  No brainer really.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

RichardWhitely

I found this handy dandy spreadsheet comparing all the current FTTC options and prices...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AquiMM6uTUUzdHl4RGRZcnE1WWw0SVlLcVlzQWZuVFE&hl=en&authkey=CNDi0Z8L#gid=0

Hmmmmm, which one to go for....
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Undergrid

How can BT be charging £307.20 total for the first year for "unlimited/unlimited" and Titan charge £1,729.87 for the same thing?  Some of these companies need their heads examined.

Zen are charging £1,026.00 with a 500GB limit ffs...  8O
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

RichardWhitely

because BT throttle everything
I play games on a: