FPS > FPS General Discussion

All points Bulletin

(1/3) > >>

Dai:
Anyone going to try this?

I've read many a positive review. It's meant to be an excellent blend of persistent world RPG and FPS.

Undergrid:
Thats the one that has audio adverts when you change zones right?  I think I'll pass paying for something thats going to shove adverts down my throat.

:cop:

Arathrael:

--- Quote from: Undergrid on July 02, 2010, 04:59:59 PM ---Thats the one that has audio adverts when you change zones right?  I think I'll pass paying for something thats going to shove adverts down my throat.
 :cop:

--- End quote ---
Oooh, I spy an opportunity to start a huge argument about advertising in games!

Yeah, I hate it when game companies try to make money! They still charge to buy the games as well, can you believe it? Damn them for not giving us everything for free!

:twisted:

Anyway, I'm not planning to try APB - it sounds alright, and they seem to have an interesting charging mechanism for casual gamers, but I just haven't got the time for yet another game. Too many good games around these days!

Undergrid:
Yeah, but this is taking the piss.

APB had to beg for money during development, and this is a subscription game, you have to pay monthly anyway.  If it was a pay-once thing like Guild Wars (which doesn't have adverts in I might add) I wouldn't be too bothered about it, but APB is going to make a hole in your wallet every month, I don't see why I should listen to ads when I'm doing that.  Would you be happy if WoW suddenly started spewing ads at you?

And I bet they don't bother putting the effort in to localising the ads, and it'll all be for American crap.

Arathrael:
Lots of subscription things have ads. Magazines have ads. Television channels have ads. I don't boycott those either. If they're just playing a short ad during a loading screen where you'd be waiting anyway, I don't really see the problem.

And as an aside, APB isn't necessarily a monthly sub. As I understand it, you have unlimited free access to the social district, and you can buy gametime either for 30 days of unlimited play or for 20 hours (which don't expire).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version