• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Angry Seagull Forces Cornwall Tesco To Close After Taking Over Pet Food Aisle.

Main Menu

Meh account hacked

Started by BigBazza, April 20, 2010, 11:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBazza

By some bastards.....

Checked my emails this morning to find one from Blizzard telling me my Password had been changed. Wasn't me, so after a bit of farting about on the Blizzard website I get the password reset and log in to find my main Sasco naked & broke (bugger), and an ingame email saying that I've added an Authenticator. 

Spoke to a dude ingame and he says everything will be returned in the next day or 2 (including the guild bank stuff). 

I hope they die of cancer.... of the balls.

rover

yes i too hope they die of nad cancer, maybe you should get your self an authenticator thing only cost £6

BigBazza

Quote from: rover on April 20, 2010, 12:02:23 PM
yes i too hope they die of nad cancer, maybe you should get your self an authenticator thing only cost £6

Already ordered  :D

BigBazza

........and all my stuff is back. Nice 'n' fast from Blizzard there  :D

rover

shame the stuff from the guild bank isnt back

Arathrael

Quote from: rover on April 21, 2010, 11:47:24 PM
shame the stuff from the guild bank isnt back
Is it back now? (My accounts not active at the moment, and I can't be faffed to reactivate it just to check... but I would like to know that the gallons of ink of the sea I had in there is back).  :cop:
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

BigBazza

Someone have a peek for us, have one more night to go with work so am about to go to bed  :D

If they haven't returned the stuff I'll go ingame and give them a poke on tuesday.

SCoob [NL]

Happend to me as well some time ago.

Be carefull when using addons that they might have stuff in it like a keymapper or something.

My main realm has 9 chars with lots a items in bank and email.
All were sold and all money was send to my main char (lvl 80 DK).
The losers moved (they paid for it 8O) the character to a German account.

I received all my stuff back the next day. The move from the Germand to the UK server took 3 days.

The best part:
After a wekk Blizzard contacted me and wanted to know why I am requesting a refund for a character move, so they must have been total n00bs in stealing accounts. Blizzard couldn't tell me all, but the guy said the one who did it used the creditcard on another account that also has the same contact details as on the creditcard so he wouldn't be playing much more on that account anymore  :lol:

rover

the stuff wasnt in the guild bank the othere day but i will go look again in abit

Emma

I have been having email scams .....to my hammy account :(
They can sort of look like a blizzard email, but i never click on links within an email.

So once out of curiosity i did, and the address bar was some random website, looked exactly like the battlenet account log-in page.
the address bar is totally wrong, see here: http://www.worldofwarcraft-subscription-secure.com/account/index.html
the body of the email can look quite offical too:

QuoteGreetings!

This is an automated notification regarding your World of Warcraft account. Your account options was recently modified through the Account Management website.

If you made this change to your subscription type, please disregard this automatic notification.

*** If you did NOT make any changes to your account or subscription, we recommend you login to Account Management at the following link to review your account settings

so it's easy to see that some can get caught out by these scams :(

I have had my authenticator since they have done them, fingers crossed no problems at all :)
Thankfully John has set me up with another email, which i only use for wow and nothing else.

rover

we got the stuff back it was sent to anto (my toon and guild leader)