Author Topic: Teleporter Changes  (Read 1141 times)

Arathrael

• Administrator
  • Sergeant
Teleporter Changes
« on: July 08, 2007, 11:16:37 PM »
As you might have noticed, we have a coalition with a new SG called Gamma Base. They've been using our teleporters while they get their base up and running.

They've now got two teleporters of their own (which we can use), and in order to make more places available to both them and us, it's been suggested that we set our teleporters to go to the main zones (so, Atlas, Galaxy, Kings Row, Skyway City, Steel Canyon, Faultline, Independence Port, Talos Island, Croatoa, Brickstown, Founders Falls, and Peregrine Island) and they set theirs to go to the hazard zones (The Hollows, Perez, Crey's Folly, and Rikti Crash Site initially). So if you're heading to a regular zone, you use our base, if you're heading to a hazard zone, you use the Gamma Base, er, base.

I can't see much of a downside to this approach - it'll take a little longer to get to some hazard zones if starting in a zone without a base portal and using the base teleporter (if you have that veteran's reward), but other than that, it should mean quicker access to everywhere.

So if there's no objections to that, I'll set our teleporters up when I get a chance (moving house sucks).
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

Arathrael

• Administrator
  • Sergeant
Re: Teleporter Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »
Ok, so that's now been done.

In the HAMSTER base we have teleporters to (in rough order) Atlas, Talos, Galaxy, King's, Skyway, Steel, Faultline, Independence Port, Croatoa, Founders Falls, Brickstown, and Peregrine Island.

And in the Gamma Base, there are teleporters we can use to The Hollows, Perez, Crey's, Rikti Crash Site, Boomtown, and Striga.
Cave Cricetum! :hammering: