• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

RE'd spacey bits

Started by Tricky, February 04, 2005, 11:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky

I was talking to Wang (master shipwright) last night on Tat about getting some spaceship components reverse engineered to improve the stats. He was saying that it takes 6 bits of RE loot (of identical RE level and component type) to make one part. It takes the best stats from each and adds a 4% bonus. He also said that he had big problems getting hold of enough loot to actually do it. Has anyone here had any bits RE'd?

Undergrid

Yup I've had tonnes of stuff RE'd, quite a few engines, a few shields, less level 8/9/10 guns than I'd like.

You want to select your components carefully, for engine (for example) you'd want a low mass engine, a low energy use engine, a high speed engine, a high Y/P/R engine, and then as many filler engines as you need.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Tricky

Is there a reliable SW you'd recommend?

Undergrid

Finding a shipwrite is tough enough, that said, I've never actually had any problems with SW's (nicking components (they never have enough to replace them tbh), claiming to "fail" the RE (you cant), etc) although I've heard some horror stories.

Always note the stats of the components you give them, work out the pre-4% stats that you expect back.  If you expect a 1000 mass and you get a 2000 mass back its probably they are screwing around, report them then spam the forums.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?