• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

Doom 3

Started by RichardWhitely, August 02, 2004, 07:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBazza

Bought it from Woolies  

See you all in......oh.... about 20 hours or so :D

Rik_S

Saw this on another forum, supposedly increases your fps for D3:

Open the doomconfig file with notepad, found in the BASE folder inside the DOOM3 folder and change these settings...make a back up copy first so you have something to go back to if anything fails.

set image_downSizeBumpLimit "512" //1024 for 256mb gfx. 512 for 128mb gfx. 256 for 64mb gfx

set image_downSizeBump "1" //enables above

set image_downSizeLimit "512" //1024 for 256 cards. 512 for 128mb gfx. 256 for 64mb gfx
set image_downSize "1" //use to enable above

set image_useCache "1"
set image_cacheMegs "128"
set image_cacheMinK "10240"

It says `if all else fails`...use at your peril :?

RichardWhitely

I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Spyke

Man, I haven't really had the time to put into this game but what i have played it's not bad.
It's not like the coolest game ever either, there are a few things that I'd like to change, but I like it.
Anyways, I usually end up trying to sneak a few minutes in here and there when the kids/wife are asleep. This means I'm playing in the dark.
Well, Holy momma this game is creepy. I was in a place and this body came swinging off of the ceiling and there was this creepy music and " Helllp meeee" ...Eeeek!
Anyone else getting the creeps from this game?
I'm hoping that it gets better/worse as it goes along. :twisted:

|fury|

yeah, i got a good chill down my spine last night on a couple of occasions.. the jump-out-of-your-seat stuff is bad enough, but the horror-scary stuff really gets you going when you're playing in the dark with headphones on  8O

Undergrid

is there a command to show your frame rate in Doom 3 or do you have to use fraps?

Edit: Nevermind, found it:

seta com_showFPS "1"
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

RichardWhitely

I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Undergrid

Quote from: A guy in the first thread linked to from in the previous messagegg id. Methinks I'll stick with UT2004 for now--with violence turned waaay down.

Um...

I was gonna make some smart remark like "If these guys had seen pong there would never have been a games industry" but the above statement just stumps me.  Why would anyone deliberatly buy a violent game just to turn off the violence....  And if you profess to be a christian, why does turning the violence down in UT2004 make it ok but leaving it up makes it bad?  After all, your still "killing" "people".
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Rik_S

Have you read the GTA3 review on that site :?

"There is tons of blood, and you can also beat people with a aluminum bat. I think as Christians, we should stay away from this game." :roll:

Christ! (ooops.../me looks for bolt of lightning) you only have to read the box to know what GTA3 is about...well each to their own, how very ..err..Christian of me :wink:

|fury|

what a bunch of ignoramuses (ignorami?)

Quote from: f***tard reviewer
As a twenty-one year old I have to say I was freaked out, disturbed, and horrified by Doom IIIÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã¢ââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢s content. I canÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã¢ââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢t imagine what a thirteen year old would feel like

well seeing as it's got an 18 rating, 13-y-o kids shouldn't be playing it :)

Calibrax

People like him should just form a large group of like minded people, and lock themselves away from the world on a farm in Waco, Texas... oh wait...    

Steve :D :D

Spyke

Duct Tape Mod For Doom 3

Under the crazy presumption that a roll of duct tape exists somewhere on the Mars facility, the Duct Tape mod sticks flashlights to your machinegun and shotgun. In order to preserve the atmosphere, these new lights are much narrower (and a little brighter) than the standard flashlight, and are only available on the basic weapons. The pistol is not equipped with a flashlight, so as not to spoil the early sections of the game.

You can dowload Glen 'FrenZon' Murphy's Duct Tape mod for Doom III at his site.
http://ducttape.glenmurphy.com/

Also..

http://www.gamershell.com/news/14625.html

Pretty cool stuff.