Author Topic: race  (Read 4733 times)

P-Dub

• Captain
  • Resident Hardware Killer!
    • LAN
race
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2004, 10:45:30 PM »
Quote from: Calibrax
Correction... you raced me online after I'd played the game for 1 day, whereas you had finished the game and knew all the tracks. And you only won the drifting contest by a tiny amount... the score was something like 43267 to 43298. :?

Well, I've now been playing it quite a bit and I've almost finished it... so all I can say is... bring it on.  :twisted:

Steve :D :D

Hmmm brought it on and won every race again.... anyone else fancy a shot at the title?? :twisted: :P :P

Dubmaster

icky

race
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 11:14:30 AM »
i am surpised you lot havent played toca race driver 2 against mab. hell of a lot of fun. btw guys happy new year :mrgreen:

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
race
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 12:14:01 PM »
after the shambles that was toca race driver, i never bothered with 2...

Calibrax

• Administrator
  • Captain
race
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 03:07:44 PM »
Toca 2 was a massive improvement on the original... well worth getting. You can probably get it for about a fiver now. :D

icky

race
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 09:51:17 PM »
er no you both got it wrong toca race driver 2 is nothing to do with toca or toca 2 this 1 is the sequel to pro race driver and it is 10 times better than toca or toca 2 as for picking it up for a fiver if you can do that get a few lol. trust me fury try it out . formula 1 racing, nascar trucks and so on. there is that much to do on it plenty of hours of fun. it is also known as dtm racer and v8 supercars

Calibrax

• Administrator
  • Captain
race
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 02:13:47 AM »
Yep icky, thats the one I'm talking about... Formula Ford cars, trucks, Aussie V8s etc..... i just shortened it to Toca 2 to save typing. I forgot there was also a game called "Toca 2" (probably best forgotten, having played it!) ;)

This is the good one: http://pc.ign.com/articles/558/558947p1.html?fromint=1

Couldn't find it for a fiver, but I'm surprised... it's been around for a bit, I thought it would have dropped in price by now. Best price I could find was £17.99 at play.com

icky

race
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 04:15:55 AM »
yes thats the cheapest i have seen online and in shops but got to admit i did pick mine up for a fiver because it was on an outside stall and no price on so i asked the women she said a fiver i said ok she said is that ok i said oh yeah just fine. you didnt see me for dust i was gone lol

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
race
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 09:00:47 AM »
Quote from: Calibrax
I forgot there was also a game called "Toca 2" (probably best forgotten, having played it!) ;)

Heretic!! Kill the unbeliever!

Toca (Touring Cars) 2 was great :P Ok so it didn't have the tank and pink cadillac from Toca Touring Cars (top lan multiplayer entertainment) and Tiff Needell did the voice over, but it was a great arade racing game with far more feel than anything else out there at the time  :wink:  I won't have a word said against it!

icky

race
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 03:11:23 PM »
well try the new toca then you will se the difference