• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Monkey Walks Into Bar, Drinks Rum, Steals Knife, Attacks Patrons

Main Menu

Anyone playing NFSU or LOMAC?

Started by Tricky, December 10, 2003, 09:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky

I was just wondering if anyone was playing Need for Speed Underground or Lock-On Modern Air Combat at the moment and what you thought of them if so... :smile:

P-Dub

NFS-Underground is Awesome!! I've had it since saturday and i love it, nice cars, decent physics and i can pimp my cars up with neon etc etc....

Not played the other one since i think Flying games suck donkey balls... :P

Dub

Tricky

Quoteand i can pimp my cars up with neon etc etc....
LOL. :smile: It is very 'you' isn't it? I think Twotoes should also get this. :wink: It is a great game! I thought it was going to be a crock of you-know-what after reading many complaints about the game on EA forums but that's not the case. The graphics are superb and it's just a tweeny weeny bit addictive. The only thing I haven't worked out yet is why all the AI cars always accelerate off the start line way quicker than me no matter what I do.

QuoteNot played the other one since i think Flying games suck donkey balls...
But you play EnB.... :wink:

|fury|

what is this current fixation with sucking donkey's testicals?

P-Dub

lol @ Fluffy Dude, come one, get with the floe dawg...... :P

Dub

Boris

I have just started to play NFSU, and I must say it's quite addictable :)
Started of with a miata, which was rather boring to start with, but now it begins to look pretty decent, not to mention the speed increase.

A bud of mine told me to change car as soon as a new one was available, but I think I'll stick to the Miata, in any case as long as I win the races on medium difficulty.

The only downside is the terrible "music", so I have that disabled. Anyone know if there's a possibility to play MP3 instead?

Maybe we can arrange a MP evening :)

P-Dub

Terrible music?? I think you must be playing a different game man.... Rancid, Crystal Method, Executioners.... top choonage.....

As far as the MP evening goes, i'm well up for that, but prepare to be wasted by my RX-7... its a true beast.... and the contest would have to be drift.... i love that event its awesome....

My RX-7 is all pimped up with a white paint job, pink neon downlights and custom decals..... Its looking dope man....

Anyways, i need to play it some more so i can unlock stage 2 Turbo and stage 2 Nitrous and i'll be a happy chappie....

Dub

|fury|

pink and white?

does it say 'barbie' down the doors?

Tricky

Yeah the music is aimed at the young American (no sense, no taste :wink:). I'd like to use my own MP3s too. I don't think it's possible maybe they'll include it in the patch.

I also started off with the Miata and have unlocked the Ford Focus and Mitsubshi Lancer but when you compare the acceleration, speed and handling both those cars are worse than the Miata so I don't quite get that... Obviously I need to play more and unlock more cars. I think the problem might be that I tend to try and win races by racing properly and not doing all the style stuff to get the extras. I dunno! Usually if I do try the slides the other cars just overtake anyway... :roll:

P-Dub

Nah i've not managed to unlock that vinyl yet Fluffy.... lol Would be cool though

Boris

So far I have only managed to unlock the Focus, but I got stage 1 turbo and nitrous.

One thing I do not get, is that when winning a race, some messages appears that I have unlocked this and that track. But when looking at the race map, I only have one race to compete in. Are those other in the section "outside" Underground?

Currently I'm stuck at a track with "Prison" something included in the game. Started of with medium as usual, but are like 4 secs behind even on easy. I recently discover what looked like a shortcut in the part where one drives in a park or somethnig. Gotta see if that ones can reduce my time.

Tricky

Boris - I think you must be a bit further on than me. I've got the stage one turbo but not the nitro. I don't know where the extra tracks are but I think you're right about them being outside the underground bit.

P-Dub

The extra tracks which you unlock are to do with the single player, quick race mode... nothing to do with the underground mode, its so it you fancy a quick race you can just go in and race them without having to go thru the undergound mode...

Dub

Undergrid

Is there a PC version of NFSU or are you guys playing on consoles?  And if there is a PC version, does it have internet play?  I note the Xbox version doesn't support Live..
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Boris

We - well at least I am, hehe - are playing it on PC, and yes there seems to be a MP, but I have not tried it yet.