• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

resources

Started by |fury|, December 02, 2003, 03:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|fury|

so what's the crack on availability of resources?

are resources limited, i.e. if you continually mine/sample an area, does the quantity/quality/whatever go down? or is it constant?

the reason i ask, is i wonder whether it would be advantagous to have a list of resources in here and where the best concentrations are.

however if they are limited, and people would rather not share the spoils of their hard-earned surveying runs, that's ok ;)

Trivulator

Resources will come and go on the planet.
So expect at least 1 week of good resources and than resources will drop in quantities or even disappear.
Best resources as in quantities are almost every time found in towns however the Overall Quality is most times pretty low.
It's a little bit as in RL but in game some resources will return some weeks later.
Best you can ask UG how and what with resources cause he's the harvast man of HamsteR ;-)

Undergrid

Triv's got it about covered really, some points:

You need Novice Artisan to mine and survey, thats 15 skill points, but credit wise its worth it.  I'm averaging 120k+ a day right now dependant on shifts.

Muon's Gold is great for searching for stuff, 800 secs of non-stop surveying and running, I last about 2 mins without it then run out of mind points, but watch out where you are when the effects wear off as you can be easily incapped.

I've got 7 medium mineral harvestors out there (including one on one of Colls lots) and 2 RATE 9 wind generators.  For the personal extractors its generally best to destroy them when the ore shifts as its cheaper to buy new ones (1.5k to redeed verses under 1k for a new one) so don't put a lot of power or maintenance in them.  The ones I'm using cost about 23k (and thats a good price for BER 10's) and only cost 3k to redeed so its worth redeeding those.

When you go to restock power and maintenance on your harvestor, always switch it off and on first, that way your sure to get the correct readings on the current levels. And never even touch a harvestor if your mounted.

If the ore your mining has shifted, always check whats below your harvestor before you destroy or redeed it, sometimes your lucky and good stuff shifts in.

Thats about it to be honest.  I've got a buyer that gets everything I can mine, but you can sell on the bizaar or (if you have a high  enough business tree) your own vendor, just remember to advertise it.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

|fury|

thx undergrid - i'm not going to get too involved in harvesting as it's not on the game plan, but getting some resources via a sample macro to help boost my crafting xp is, so i've been macroing away and am currently around 4k short of survey4. i was curious as seeing as i'm going to macro now and then, i may as well do it somewhere productive.

so far i've only used what i've sampled (1k of petrochems and 1.5k of alu) to make some traps and stimpacks, but there is the slight possibility i'll play around with the idea of armoursmithing if i decide bounty hunting is not the life for me (it seems there are a lot of bounty hunters already)

Myopic

I don't make quite as many credits per day as Undergrid, but I use www.swgcraft.com (as seen in the Useful Links thread) because they have a reasonably up to date database of the current resources for each planet/galaxy.  Checking the stats for each resource on there first can be useful in deciding what to go look for.

Quote from: |fury|so far i've only used what i've sampled (1k of petrochems and 1.5k of alu) to make some traps and stimpacks, but there is the slight possibility i'll play around with the idea of armoursmithing if i decide bounty hunting is not the life for me (it seems there are a lot of bounty hunters already)
Just so's you know, neither of those things will boost your crafting XP when you make them.  The stimpacks get Medicine Crafting XP and the traps earn Wilderness Survival XP (and not Trapping XP as you might expect...?).

Bounty Hunter does have some interesting activities associated with it, but unfortunately it is also the class of choice for the '0wnZ j00' PvP crowd ... which is probably why there are so many of them.