• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Woman Leaves Dog In Car, Dog Crashes Car Into Supermarket

Main Menu

What to do when we get the game?

Started by Dai, October 15, 2003, 01:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dai

Please Note that you can only have one character per server, unless you unlock the force sensitive slot.

This means that we really need to ensure that we all start on the same server to build a strong guild and also pick complimentary classes to enure we can build our own base and protect it etc.

At present it seems there will be up to 10 European servers located in 1 of 4 main Countries UK, France, Spain and  Germany. There may be others but the producer of the game has not yet specified where.

So we will obviously need to choose a server located in the UK, but we need to ensure that we place our main characters on the same server, it is possible there will be more than one server located in the UK.

You can have up to 10 alt characters and can play on any server worldwide but each character must be on differrent servers so maybe we could expand the guild cross server once we get setup an familiar with the game.

maybe meeting up on irc on launch day to decide the server etc. would be best?

Any suggesstions or comments?

Lot

You can only have one toon on each galaxy? Coming from EnB that sounds a bit retarded. "Unlock the force sensitve slot" are you sure? This sounds weird to me.

But.... the best thing that I didn't realise was the there are going to be NEW U.K. servers for SWG. It's like being there from the beginning or right after a player wipe. Everyone is starting more or less new.

I've never tried this game. Wondering about it. But being forced to have all your toons on different galaxies kinda sux doesn't it? Did I say I think that sux? It really sux.

Undergrid

Quote from: LotYou can only have one toon on each galaxy? Coming from EnB that sounds a bit retarded.

I was reading the forums when that was announce, they made the decision for two reasons.

1: Mules, it will reduce the number of mules that players have forcing them to rely more on other players than themselves.

2: Money, if a player wants to have a mule, instead of creating another char on the same account you have to pay for another account.  

So those that can afford another account for a mule can have them, and if they want more than one mule, or another playing char with a different skill set on the same galaxy, they must be prepaired to shell out again.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Calibrax

Quote from: Undergrid1: Mules, it will reduce the number of mules that players have
Somehow I don't think many E&B players will be playing this game... we don't just have mules, some of us have our own personal donkey sanctuarys!  :lol:

Steve :D :D

Dai

I wasnt sure bout it to begin with either. But like UG says it tends to force people to rely on each other making guilds and factions more important in the game.

I dont think many ppl will want to pay ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,£25 a month just to have two characters on a server (I wouldnt anyway).

And as Lot says You are actually starting from scratch so when we get on the Uk Servers we will be the in the first wave of people playing.

Remember also that thier going to add travel methods such as speeders andd bantha's soon along with the ability to create youur own cities on a planet, alsong with 2 new planets one of which is hoth bringing the number of planets to twelve all of which take at least 2 to 3 hours to traverse from one side to the other. Thier also adding the EaB style flying element aswell (via an add-on).

All in all despite the kicking the game got early on its looking like its gonna keep improving :D

So come on Lot/UG and everyone else come join the Hamsters in SWG :D

Dai

Quote from: Calibrax
Quote from: Undergrid1: Mules, it will reduce the number of mules that players have
Somehow I don't think many E&B players will be playing this game... we don't just have mules, some of us have our own personal donkey sanctuarys!  :lol:

Steve :D :D

Dont need mules anyway. You actually get houses that you can own and store items in. Aswell as the ability to setup market stalls so you can sell stuff while offline :D

You can even turn your house into your own little cantina, with Bands and dancing girls :D

Dai

Subject to our discussion last night abut what servers and what planet to start on, I suggesst everyone goes to www.swgalaxies.net and registers for an account. The site is similar to EBPortal and EIIA for those of you who have played EAB you will know how important a reference these stes can be.

once youve registered an account check out the guides and datase information and more specifically this: -

http://www.swgalaxies.net/articles/article.php3?article_id=16

THis link discusses servers and planets an the impact our choice has on the overall game.

There are other  guides there including character creation, race information etc. So please check it out.

Trivulator

10 servers in europe, I think you are joking.
For Planetside there's only 1 server in europe and you think they will mantain 10 for this game, buhahahahaha ;-)

Dai

Quote from: Trivulator10 servers in europe, I think you are joking.
For Planetside there's only 1 server in europe and you think they will mantain 10 for this game, buhahahahaha ;-)

lol

Well according to an official information release from the Producer there will be 10 new servers in europe. However conflicting information has been released stating that there will be as many european servers as demand requires, so it could be more and it could be less.

However this has no bearing on the fact that we can have 10 characters and can play on any ten servers in the world.

So all is good. :D