Author Topic: Subscriction cancelled  (Read 3686 times)

JohnnyFind

• Sergeant
Subscriction cancelled
« on: October 12, 2003, 05:52:05 PM »
I have played this game solid for 6 months now and the time has come to try out something new.

I can only really find the time to play one online game seriously and I am going to give SWG a try. :idea:

Girlfriend also moves in at the end of the month so my online time will be squeezed even further :roll:

Subcribtion to planetside expires on the 24th of October.

Trivulator

Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 08:56:53 PM »
Buhahaha, me has canceled his subscribtion as well :-)
I will focus my free time (hopefully I will have when I get my new job) on COD when it's there ;-)
Maybe I should get myself a GF as well :drinking:

SCoob [NL]

• Sergeant
    • http://wcm.scoob.ws
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 10:04:15 PM »
I hope I'll be able to shoor you some times before the 24th  :)

Lot

• Honorary {HamsteR}
  • Major
    • http://www.hamsterserver.com
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 11:18:45 PM »
Poor Fury, he's only just started playing PlanetSide.

Trivulator

Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 11:19:29 PM »
shoor? Did you shoor me last night¿ dunno what shoor is but it sounds pretty bad ;-)

SCoob [NL]

• Sergeant
    • http://wcm.scoob.ws
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 12:03:48 AM »
I'm sure that, when I shoor you, you sure know what shoor is. :)

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 09:09:09 AM »
fs. what a time to start playing this game  :chunter:  thanks for letting me know you were going to do this before i went and ordered a 3 month subscription  :evil:

JohnnyFind

• Sergeant
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 10:54:38 AM »
I understand your anger Fury and it's valid.

The Outfit I played in has basically died.  I remember the good old times; on a average night you would have at least 40 SarDuKar's online at any one time.  I often got the opportunity to lead the whole Outfit....which was immense fun.  There was a point when we had two hundred plus players in the outfit with most of them very much active and we were the biggest and most organised Terran Outfit around.

We had the power to turn the tide of a battle, but with the changed game rules and lower player numbers that is no longer possible.  Most times now it's Zerg Vs Zerg anyway and the side with the largest numbers will eventually overcome and win.

Only a handful of players from the outfit are online and because I had reached the battle rank ceiling, I needed to be squad leading (in order to be gaining experience points)....Which often meant that I would have to take on random squads at the Sanctuary.  I personally needed to be progressing in experience points, I wasn't able to sit in a squad and gain nothing (each to their own I suppose).

A combination of events this weekend caused me to throw in the towel.  Firstly Trivulator giving his notice and standing down as Commanding Officer of SarDuKar, then the news that a group of well respected CR5 Terran commanders were also leaving who played a big part to the game community by organising in game events, zerg management and forums and the finally the situation with the Outfit.

That was more than enough nails in the coffin to cause me to cancel my subscription, although that still doesn't change the fact that you are left stranded and I apologise for that.

Trivulator

Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 01:10:36 PM »
I think I warned you for the subscribtion part m8.
As for me I pay per month cause I dunno if I get time to play and feel to play.
So be sure to check the month radio button next time ;-)

JohnnyFind

• Sergeant
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 02:28:50 PM »
The fact still stands that this is the best ever online FPS I have ever played.

I have had some of the most intense and most enjoyable battles on Planetside and no game that is currently out even comes close.

At the end of the day I am only prepared to subscribe to one online game at a time and this weekends events compiled with the up and coming release of SWG has caused me to try something new.

There are some future balance patches coming into play soon and also the expansion pack is due out shortly, so you never know I could be back.  I still have up to the 24th of October, so I will still be online and very much in the thick of the action.

powered_by_guinness

Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 11:59:08 PM »
Ahh this is a pity. I just started playing it aswell not 3 weeks ago! :roll:

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 08:52:35 AM »
Are you with the TR pbg?

powered_by_guinness

Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 01:00:57 PM »
Indeedie i am! I don't really get much of a chance to play when there's loads of people on due to my job - days off were made for things like this though ;)

My name is MarlyMan, i am BR9, and im currently using Medium Assault, Reinf Exo, The Lightning and the Prowler. How bouts yourself?

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 02:04:02 PM »
nice one. I'm playing as jonH, currently a lowly BR5 (i'm only just getting into this game) and probably won't get on more than twice a week at the moment.

i dumped my max burster for a pounder last night, racked up plenty of kills, but a bit of grief too  :oops:

I'll add you to my friends list next time i'm on :D

Trivulator

Subscriction cancelled
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 02:33:21 PM »