Author Topic: AvP2  (Read 2005 times)

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
AvP2
« on: August 07, 2003, 12:03:35 AM »
calling any avp2 gamers... i've got my linux box to successfully run an avp2 process. however if any of you have played avp2 online and have suggestions on game mode, rules, scoring etc i'd be more than willing to listen :D

once it's sorted i may set up hs6 in a schedule to run ut2k3 and avp2 on a calendar

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
AvP2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 12:09:50 AM »
actually i just found PBG's suggestions, will have a play

Quote from: powered_by_guinness

Overrun is a good game to play.

Try 4 marines & 4 aliens. Marines have 1 life, aliens have 2. Objective is to wipe out the other team with scoring based on the amount of survivors on the winning team after each round.

Or there's evac. The teams and lives should probably be the same as with overrun, but the objective is for the humans to reach a designated "evac" point before they all get wasted by the opposing force (normally aliens).

powered_by_guinness

AvP2
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 04:01:10 PM »
Those two game types make it a bit more interesting than the normal blow-em-outta-town DM / Team DM that you get everywhere else. You do need at least 6-8 players for them though.

Also, i never had much luck hosting 8 players via ADSL - tended to get nasty ping spikes. Be interesting to see how it all performs ;)