• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Pooping Man Sees Donald Trump's Face In His Bathroom Floor Tiles

Main Menu

JOLT SERVER

Started by adslrizla, May 02, 2002, 06:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adslrizla

Right I have been in touch with Jolt regarding this and got the following replies :

Hiya,
I forwarded your request to our windows admin to sort. I'll chase this up
for you :)

Regards,

Cheechy
Jolt Administrator

Several hours later I got the following from someone called Resonate who sent this from an ntlworld.com address :

Hi your server is on hold awaiting new hardware

I have since emailed Cheechy to verify that this person is in fact their Windows Admin and to request a bit more info - like how long is it going to be "on hold".

That's all I know right now...... :?

Htwo

any chance of putting up the full message, headers and all? (maybe with the guys IP obscured) I'm just curius ;)

adslrizla

I'd prefer to wait until I hear back from Cheechy first.

Tricky

Good work Rizla! I know you haven't been able to post in the other forums but everyone's been champing at the bit to know what's going on...  :D Keep on at 'em!

adslrizla

Heh - I've been wondering WTH has been happening on the other boards too  :cry:

I'll try to keep after them but I get the impression that Jolt is very disorganised  :roll:

Tricky

It sounds like they work from home with e-mail addresses like that!  :)

Htwo

If they were professional employees would have access to their accounts through VPN.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I find it odd  :?

adslrizla

So do I hence asking Cheechy - remember I know the route his email will take so I can verify the reply came from Jolt by looking at the header....

|fury|

hmm.. riz, has your credit card been charged?

some sort of refund seems reasonable should it be the case

adslrizla

They charge the credit card when you request a server, but the three month period doesn't begin until the server is online.

|fury|

adslrizla

Had another couple of email exchanges with Cheechy - the previous email was genuine and a two week wait is normal. I've suggested some improvements they could make regarding up-front documentation as to what you get when you rent a clanserver.

They have an interesting new product coming up soon. Bit too much for us right now, but if we expand then who knows. Basically it's your own dedicated server box - ie nobody else's server is running on your box. Comes in at around ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,£200 but you can do whatever the hell you want with it and it supports 32 players. I suggested that two (friendly) clans might like to jointly rent it provided that two game processes could be run (16 player or so each) and every now and then get together for a huge blast.

Anyway - here ends the news for tonight  :lol:

adslrizla

m0rpheen has decided to join us  8)

That means we're back up to the original 17 people.

If anyone else wants to jump onboard feel free. I will accept another 3 people and their subs will go towards the next three months rental of the Jolt server (if we decide to do that). If we don't carry on with the Jolt server I'll split the cash between myself, Mike and Mark to offset the costs of hosting hamsterserver.net/com/co.uk/org.uk  :lol:

Anyone else wants in then PM me - cost for three months is ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,£21.76.

mrstella

Paul its the earliest post here  :booty:  :moon:  :beer:  :guinness:

RichardWhitely

:chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter: :chunter:

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

/me slaps mrstella with a deep fried ten-gu for dragging up the oldest post on the forum
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS