• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

Vietcong

Started by Spyke, May 07, 2003, 02:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyke

Something tells me this thread has been brought up before....oh well :wink:

Anybody try this yet?
I got it last weekend and it looks like its going to be great. Multiplayer should be fun as well.

Problem though, I can barely hit the enemy ( and no it's not 'cause I'm a lousy shot  :P ) I can walk right up to them and unless I shoot at the ground about a foot below thier feet, my shots have no effect :scratch:
Everything else seems to work fine.

Is there a patch out yet? This friggin' dialup makes searching for stuff a pain in the *ss. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I am at * cough* * choke * work  :twisted: .

|fury|

Yep i've got it, and am of the same impression :D

I've found crouching and bringing the weapon up to use the sights increases accuracy, as does selecting single shot mode. A couple of quick taps into the torso usually does the trick :D

I'm no military expert, nor am i intersted in being one, but i picked up from somewhere that full auto on most rifles in the real world is really only useful to keep someone's head down - if you want to hit them you have to use semi auto.

mrstella

Quote from: |fury|
I'm no military expert, nor am i intersted in being one, but i picked up from somewhere that full auto on most rifles in the real world is really only useful to keep someone's head down - if you want to hit them you have to use semi auto.

Yep thats partially correct, full auto is only used for suppresive fire, the british army even frowns upon using the machine in semi auto (3 round burst) and prefers you to use the gun in single shot mode, after training you can get the SA80 firing in single shot mode just as fast as semi auto but with a much higher degree of accuracy.

Even using the old GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun) now replaced by the LSW (Light Support Weapon) is not usefull when used for full auto, firstly it would use a mag every 2.34 seconds as the new gun has no belt feed and uses a 30 round cartridge (same as SA80) as you can imagine at 700+ rds per minute it aint going to last long. So again like the SA80 its best to use this in short bursts or single shot mode. GREAT  :roll:

Regards

Peter

(edit)

Oh and i forgot to mention using the SA80 and LSW on full auto is folly anyway, the plastic round the barrel will melt due to the heat and burn your hands  8O  dunno if they have fixed this problem with the latest rounds of "fixes" i would assume so.

|fury|

oops, bad terminology, by semi auto i meant single shot mode, i.e. fire as fast as you pull the trigger - had no idea there was an additional mode inbetween single shot and full auto  8O

Quote from: mrstella
Oh and i forgot to mention using the SA80 and LSW on full auto is folly anyway, the plastic round the barrel will melt due to the heat and burn your hands  8O  dunno if they have fixed this problem with the latest rounds of "fixes" i would assume so.

i doubt it :D i've saw more convincing toys as a kid than the sa80! i still find it incredible to think that those 2 push pins hold the whole thing together  8O

Spyke

Hmmm, time to check out the quick reply feature.

Thanks for the advice on how to handle the weapons guys.
I might as well say it now and hopefully no one will get thier fur rubbed the wrong way.
I've been in the gun club here for 15yrs. Up until 2yrs ago, my dad was a gun collector. I've fired just about everything. Thompsons, M1s, M16s, AR15, UZI, Mini 14, Stens, SPA full auto shotgun ( yes, that's right FULL AUTO shotgun now that's a handful )  45s, 44s, 357s 9 mms, black powder ( there's an experience for ya ) dad used to have a stainless 44mag 83/8 in barrel 2x brushed aluminum scope ( the thing would shoot fire out the barrel about a foot long hehe),    the list goes on ( sorta like my self hehe ). Anyway, I appreciate the advice on how to fire the wepons but I knew it wasn't me. I could walk right on top of these guys and fire point blank and unless I aimed at least two feet below thier feet, I wouldn't hit them.

What fixed it was I downloaded the patch from a different source and tried it again. Ahhhh, much better. Now that's what I'm talking about.
Cool game now. I like when you walk through a trip wire and your ears ring  :twisted: .