Author Topic: sniper envy  (Read 3712 times)

rabbid*rabbit

sniper envy
« on: October 16, 2002, 12:51:52 PM »
AAAaaarrggghhhhh, the damn sniper squads are taking over your server now. Nearly every server i've tried this week is full of snipers, one or two is ok but the whole team??

On your u-boot map yesterday all the axis were snipers and they ended up team spawnkilling, oh what fun>>>spawn,die--spawn,die etc ad infinitum.........

Sorry about the moan but more even mix of team weapons would be more fun for the rest of us non snipers...

p.s.  why do snipers boast about how few deaths they have, hiding in bushes and behind walls the other side of the map from the enemy death doesnt come easy. doh!!!   :cry:

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
sniper envy
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 01:03:20 PM »
The best way i've found of dispatching the snipers in bosubmarine is to use a rocket launcher  :wink: - soon weeds the spawnkillers out :D (saying that, if people are blatantly spawnkilling, you *need* to come find someone on irc who can boot the saddo's that are doing it right away not an hour later...)

I've seen situations on bosubmarine where there have been twice as many axis as allies, just because certain players can't stand to actually be faced with a challenge.. taunting players to prove how good they are by switching sides works on occasion but not often  :lol:

Personally, i think it'd be fun to have one or 2 snipers per team, providing support for the rest of the team as they advance towards their objective.. you didn't see whole units of snipers in the real thing and all it does is spoil the game for everyone else involved..

However, sadly, a lot of players are more bothered about their scores than participating in a good game it seems....playing like a wuss, is unfortunately not against the rules, even if it goes against the spirit of the game.

The only thing i can suggest is to teach them a lesson with some close-quarters combat, or look for a healthy contingent of {HamsteR}s on the server  :D

rabbid*rabbit

sniper envy
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 03:19:39 PM »
Yep, i agree there is nothing better than to run into a room full of snipers and wipe them out. hehehehe.
I agree that having snipers on the team is part of the game, but not a whole team of them, it just makes things boring and you have to watch their boasting about how good they are, the misguided fools......

Its also funny how all the snipers leave when snowy park is on, cant they use other weapons??  (apart from rockets)

I do actually enjoy playing, I'm 42 and only recently found the joys of online gaming. I'm hooked and i need help!!!   :lol:

Izzacummin

sniper envy
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 03:40:29 PM »
Perhaps the snipers could give a warning shot to newbies :wink:

Shogun Assassin

sniper envy
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 07:51:33 PM »
Totally agree with u rabbit,i was on the same team as u that day. Haven´t seen so many snipers spawnkill in a long time,but i don´t think they are taking over hs-1, maybe on certain maps they are more common :?:
As for myself i really enjoy being a sniper sometimes,as much as i enjoy using the rifle and the smg,i normally switch gun at least 4-5 times each map.
But when you´re using the sniper rifle why do some people always come with the same idiotic and childish namecalling when u snipe them,don´t they realize that it´s themselves who ruin the fun for others with that behaviour,not the snipers???

2toes

sniper envy
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2002, 12:21:07 AM »
My view is this.....

Each weapon has its advantage's and disadvantage !

Its knowing which maps are right for which weapon, and also which gameplay.

Some people admit I'm a good sniper ! But I also use the smg's when the game matter dictates another approach to a game. I get anoyed when people moan about somebody using a certain weapon, yeah ok a bazooka in some games is a pain, but he only has 5 bazooka's and if your good enuf and dont JUST run around with a SMG all the time, then you can out wit them very easily. I was playing on HS1 on Friday and a newish player mentioned that all I did was snipe, I pointed out that each weapon had its + & minus's and he agreed when he shot me 3times, one after anuva.

Let the player choose his weapon, but beat him with your's, thats the game ! Play it and play fair. I agree when players spawn kill its not doing the game any good, and they will be dealt with. So always let us know straight away and we'll sort it out.......lol......

P-Dub

• Captain
  • Resident Hardware Killer!
    • LAN
sniper envy
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 12:25:54 AM »
Each weapon has its pluses and minues, true dat bro, however there are some maps where they are a major, read almost game winning, advantage regardless of the skill of the player.

Personally i enjoy messin aroud with diff weapons, thats why i bought the ruddy game!!!! Wouldnt it be boring if everyone had the same gun......

L8s

Wolverenicus Annoyingus

zidergirl

gun
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2002, 12:45:34 AM »
i agree wolvy...
unfortunatly, I have cotton wool coming out the end of my gun!
 :oops:

2toes

sniper envy
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2002, 01:14:30 AM »
True ! Thats why there's five to choose from, lol.... :lol:

Izzacummin

sniper envy
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2002, 03:26:48 PM »
I have had a go at sniping but failed miserably maybe the people complaining about snipers are as bad as me :lol:

I personally find it a challenge, to not only find where they are hiding, but to actually kill them.( one day maybe :wink: )

I say carry on sniping but watch out izzacummin to get you

Bengal_Tiger

sniper envy
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2002, 12:10:39 PM »
Well heres my views on this loath or like its up to you !!

The weapons are there to be used i dont like the Shotgun but snipers are fine, i use the heavy machine gun as a rule. But i will change the weapon to suit the map. At the end of the day, the weapons are there to be used and its all part of the game so enjoy instead of moaning  :D

Hope i havnt upset nobody, but im sure we all have our own views on this subject. The only time i will ever use the Rocket launcher is when they start spawn killing that way your in with a chance and hey they might even get the message to back off as well !!

Unfortunatly spwan killing seems to becomming more popular latley and think this should be dealt with a.s.a.p.

Let me know what you think

See you all soon Bengal_Tiger

ukwazic

sniper envy
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2002, 12:33:43 PM »
Agree with you there Tiger (I got to or I wont get a brew when I pop up  :lol: )
I have found that in close up fights with lots of players I tend to come off worse. Don't know if its because I have fairly slow connection (can get a bit laggy or frame rate drops)or because my reactions are a bit slower than the others. I have found using the sniper rifle or heavy machine gun at distance gives me a better chance. I dont think its an advantage as kills V deaths go good players always find you in the end or you  can get picked off by another sniper.