Author Topic: Play JKII you may...  (Read 6553 times)

BigBazza

• Sergeant
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2002, 03:48:22 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun.  Seeing I'm sure most of us haven't touched the thing since finishing the single player, or more likely, giving up on the single player.  I'm in the latter group.  :D

I'll be on whenever it starts.

Barry

Arathrael

• Administrator
  • Sergeant
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2002, 03:52:01 PM »
Likewise, I'll try to be on most of time while it's running. :)
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

RichardWhitely

• Ba-da, ba-da, ba-da-da-da: booooooooooo!
  • Administrator
  • Major
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2002, 04:01:16 PM »
7pm start is fine with me :D
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Undergrid

• Administrator
  • Captain
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2002, 09:46:58 PM »
The server is booked to run JKII from 7pm till just before 11pm, it'll be running in team free-for-all mode, Currently selected maps are:

ffa_imperial
ffa_raven
ffa_ns_streets
ffa_bespin
ffa_yavin
ffa_deathstar
ffa_ns_hideout

Other available maps are:

ffa_besbinarena
ffa_cloudshark
ffa_dgarden
ffa_hoodmap01
ffa_ngarden
ffa_sandarena
ffaepisode1

so if you want any of the ones listed in the second list included in the rotation let me know asap.  Non standard maps are available from http://ftp://freeftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/jediknight2/maps/ffa/ so download any you don't have before the match :)

Everyone's welcome so see you there..
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Quincy M.D.

Play JKII you may...
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2002, 11:51:23 PM »
cousin's wedding dagnammit  :cry:  :cry:

BigBazza

• Sergeant
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2002, 09:07:05 PM »
Found that kind of crappy.

I just don't have the patience to learn how to use Force Powers or the lightSabre  :oops:

Back to MoH it is.

Barry

Calibrax

• Administrator
  • Captain
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2002, 09:26:57 PM »
Sorry... had a bit of a crisis at work, so I missed it. Oh well, always next time...

Steve  :(  :(

Arathrael

• Administrator
  • Sergeant
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2002, 10:17:04 PM »
I quite enjoyed it, but I used to play JK2 quite a lot :) on Zen's sabres-only no-force server. It's not as much fun with all weapons IMO, they're a bit unbalanced - it's really quite easy to kill someone with a light sabre with the golem flechette doobrey. And the force powers can be tricky to get the hang of.

We also got a few clan players in who were rather better than us! :evil: I killed them a few times though! :twisted:

I might see if I can get a mini JK2 hamsterserver going to try out some stuff.  Not sure what spec I'd need for a small server though - it's experiment time. :)
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

Lot

• Honorary {HamsteR}
  • Major
    • http://www.hamsterserver.com
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2002, 03:56:43 AM »
I had never really played JK2 before; I'd installed the game then on SP fell over laughing at the Federation Storm Troopers then never played it again. Last night was the first time I'd played MP. What a shock!! 8O I love this game!! And I want to play some more please :lol:

At first I used all the weapons that I could find. And then I started using the light sabre and what fun that was!! And throwing it and retrieving it with the force :P JohnnyFind was running away from me!! He was 20 yards ahead and I cut his legs off with a controlled sabre throw :twisted: :twisted:

I had to leave early and have dinner; so I hope we play again soon!

|fury|

• Administrator
  • Major
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 11:01:14 AM »
bah humbug  :?

hopefully i'll be around next time!!!

JohnnyFind

• Sergeant
Play JKII you may...
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2002, 12:07:08 PM »
I was one of those people who lost interest in finishing the single player game, but the multiplayer experience last night was pleasantly surprising.

Using the light sabre was great fun, although more practice is needed. More please…….