• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Pooping Man Sees Donald Trump's Face In His Bathroom Floor Tiles

Main Menu

Battlefield 3

Started by RichardWhitely, June 07, 2011, 06:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyFind

Online EA customer support blame it on my ISP and port blocking. The following must be open apparently.   :derpnextgen:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

Undergrid

Quote from: JohnnyFind on November 10, 2011, 11:23:08 PM
manually updated punkpuster and done the following, still not having much luck.

Okay so after six hours of desperately trying to get the game running with the major error being the "Your connection to the server has timed out" i finally managed to solve it. I'm on windows 7 64bit, i've tried everything there is to try and nothing helped. I cannot guarantee that this will work but you can give it a try. Now i can play rounds for as long as i like and theres NO disconnection or crash whatsoever.

Here goes:
1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery.
6. SAVE CHANGES

This should solve the problem, if it didn't, we'll just have to wait for Dice/EA to fix it.

Note this might stop network detection for WiFi networks working, so probably not worth doing on a laptop.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

JohnnyFind

According the the level 1 techncian at O2 there is a known issue with this particular game
and a hotfix is available for the router, that is supposed to resove the constant disconnects .

They were not able to go into any detail about what causes it but I was asked to turn off the box for a period of time.

No ports were apparently being blocked and my particular package doesn't have traffic management in force for gaming.

Time will tell if this has been resolved, will give the game another blast now.

BigBazza

Added a 18 player server to my fav's. Should allow anyone to lvl up nice 'n' quick  :D

Tricky

Did you try my suggestion of disabling uPNP?

JohnnyFind

rover

lol i too am on o2 but ive not had to mess with anything to get bf3 too work yay for my shit old o2box

JohnnyFind

I'll be leaving O2 anyway at the end of December for BT infinity :-)

I have the O2 version III box, although there is now a newer router out known as IV.

JohnnyFind

BF3 End Game expansion is out  :D

edit:12th of March for Premium player  :(

Tricky

I have got it. The new maps are well designed - especially the foresty one with the railroad. You can sneak around in the undergrowth shooting unsuspecting enemy. The dirt bike is great for getting around as well.