• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Monkey Walks Into Bar, Drinks Rum, Steals Knife, Attacks Patrons

Main Menu

F1 2010

Started by |fury|, August 17, 2010, 08:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

|fury|

I think i might be tempted by this one  :banana2:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/games/index.php?gameid=3186

only question, is 360 or PC  :psyduck:

Calibrax

Just been looking at some of the developer videos for this game - it looks incredible. And they are making it more of a simulation than an arcade game, which is a good thing. And the chief game designer was a QA tester on Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3... if it's half as good as that, it'll be a cracking game!

I've pre-ordered it for the Xbox360 at ShopTo.net (£31.85 delivered). Roll on September 24th!  :badger:

Calibrax

Five days to go... anyone else getting this game?

|fury|

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

|fury|

ruth is out on friday eve so am up for a spin on f12010 if anyone's interested  :cop:

Dai

What Platform you getting it on? I'm, tempted by 360 or PS3.

Has anyone read a review or tried the demo? Still waiting on Gran turismo 5 atm tho!

Calibrax

There's no demo.

Shopto.net have sent me a text - my preordered copy of F1 2010 was dispatched today, so I could have it as early as tomorrow! :banana2:

BigBazza

Pre-ordered with amazon, so should be here Friday. Working Wednesday & Thursday days then 6 days off to save Halo, kill zombies and crash spectacularly in F1  :D

Xbox all the way  8O :D

Calibrax

Mine is Xbox too. Not sure if you can play cross-platform, I suspect not.

Should be ok for a game on Friday evening, although XBL will probably crash as it's the launch day...  :?

Col

Amazon says 24th for me, X Box version  8)

|fury|

my shop-to copy was also dispatched on the 21st :) xb360

Dai

Can you guys post your thoughts here please; I'm tempted to get it but don't want to fork out for it with Gran turismo around the corner unless it is as good as Grand Prix 3!

RichardWhitely

I "obtained" it, my god, thats saved me £30...

It's nice - looks incredible when I turned up all the graphics details to full on the pc, but, I prefer forza - F1 2010 also has some of the music from GRID in it!! I just don't like the way the cars feel and handle, I tried a few various quick set-ups, then twiddled with some stuff, but no, just does not feel right and if that's how F1 cars feel then I'm glad I'm not a F1 driver! I did manage to kill Webber though in 1 race, so I suppose that's something. Forza motorsport is still the king in my opinion.

Also there are 3 damage options:
Off,Visual only,Full.

However dont mistake Full for what you may have been expecting (GRID or DIRT 1 and 2) ,its really only the front end that gets damaged. WTF?! Man! It's like they've gone overboard in how the car setup "feels" then fell over when they slapped on this half assed damage model. Why? It seems they've gone 10 steps back from GRID and the DIRT games (although I did not think that much of DIRT). Plus this is now going to be a yearly game - ala the FIFA series from EA. Quite a few comparisons have been made with Trackmania and its handling. Only Trackmania is better :lol:

Looks like they engaged the hype machine big time for this turkey.

Oh and

Quotethere's a MAJOR bug in this related to pitstops.....the game holds you much too long before releasing you from the pit box, usually costing 12-14 places compared to the stops for the rest of the field

How was that not picked up in testing? :duh:
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

|fury|

can't say i've had enough time to explore the damage model yet (my copy arrived yesterday from shop-to) but i guess that may get explored quite extensively if we do some multiplayer tonight  :panic:

F1 cars always feel a bit funny, but ant davidson has been their consultant so i guess it can't be horrendously wide of the mark. i don't like the leany camera on the far-out view though

my only pitstop was fine, i'd built up enough of a lead in 3 laps that only 1 car got in front of me (webber) and he went in 2 laps later :)  (think i'll have to up the difficulty from medium+manual gears  :cop: )

I think there's potential in the game, will certainly be exploring it in the coming weeks (especially as i'm off work next week yay!)

i do agree that forza is king though, but i've held that opinion ever since the first forza came out  :elkgrin:

Calibrax

Do you have analogue controls on the PC? pretty essential for this game I'd say... needs a very progressive touch when you have no driving assists on!

I love it. The cars seem to handle just right for F1... twitchy and hard to control. I wouldn't really compare it to Forza, any more than I'd compare driving a Fiesta to driving a Porsche... it's a different level altogether. There are a couple of small things I don't like, the way penalties are handed out for one. I nudged another car a couple of times, got two 10s penalties, came 2nd in the three lap race and ended up last!

As for the damage, I expect that's limited by the terms of the FIA licence. Certainly that has been the case in many previous F1 games.