• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Salford Man Distraught After Passport Photo Makes Him Look Like Hitler

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Chit-Chat / Re: Happy Birthday!
Last post by Arathrael - November 21, 2017, 11:35:42 AM
It *cough* was that time of year again, last week!

Happy Birthday to Paul, me, and this twelve thirteen years old thread!

:wookiegrin: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :wookiegrin:

:wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness: :wow: :guinness:

:mexwave:  :coolwookie: :new-bday:  :coolwookie: :mexwave:

:badger: :badger: :badger:  :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :party:  :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:
The Computer Club / Re: Internet speeds...
Last post by Calibrax - August 23, 2017, 07:07:17 PM
No problems here... Virgin have been very reliable for me. I've been with them since they were Telewest, back in 1999 :)
The Computer Club / Re: Internet speeds...
Last post by Undergrid - August 22, 2017, 12:25:23 PM
Well, Calibrax probably won't see this for a while, but Virgin Media are having problems...
The Computer Club / Internet speeds...
Last post by Calibrax - August 19, 2017, 06:30:18 PM
Was just browsing through some old threads on here, discussing internet speeds, going back around 15 years. It's amazing how far tech has come on since back then!

Last week I upgraded to Virgin Media's VIVID300 package, which is their top package designed for gamers/streamers. No traffic management or throttling, 300Mb/s download, 20Mb/s upload.

Here's what I'm currently getting from www.speedtest.net :

Have run this test a couple of times a day over the last week, and it averages between 350Mb/s and 385Mb/s. The upload speeds are consistently around 18-22Mb/s. Cost is £58 a month, but that includes their medium TV package and landline phone with free weekend calls. Not bad!

General Chit-Chat / Re: Annual SOTP Address
Last post by RichardWhitely - March 10, 2017, 11:06:45 PM
WoW, Horizon Zero Dawn and Wildlands
Technical Discussion / A UK Alternative to Dreamhost
Last post by Undergrid - March 07, 2017, 05:51:25 PM
* Undergrid taps mic "Is this thing on?"

So, for various reasons, I'm looking around UK based hosting to figure out if there is a decent alternative to dreamhost.

My requirements:

• Hosting for 15 domains owned by three different users.
  • Some form of account system (WHM?) so the other two can do what they want with their stuff but not see each others or mine.
  • At least one mysql database per domain, though one domain currently has two DB's.
  • DNS servers and management
  • PHP 5.5 or later
  • Perl Support
  • Ruby/NodeJS/Python support a plus
  • Let's Encrypt support
  • No "first 10 emails free then £x each" crap.
  • Catch-all email support (i.e. ability to capture any email sent to a domain no matter what the but before the @)
  • Google Apps integration a plus (but not a necessity)
  • SSH Shell Access!
  • Decent disk space and bandwidth (Dreamhost claims unlimited for both and I've never had them complain about either)
  • A price somewhere around thee $11 (£9) a month of Dreamhost (though I could go a little more

Also interested in opinions on VPS vs shared hosting, I'm currently using Dreamhost's shared option.
Driving General Discussion / Re: Project Cars 2
Last post by Undergrid - March 02, 2017, 05:20:08 PM
Assuming it doesn't need the months of fixes the first Project CARS needed...

On, and BOO
Driving General Discussion / Project Cars 2
Last post by |fury| - February 16, 2017, 08:51:45 PM
General Chit-Chat / Back to the old skool - MOHAA!...
Last post by Tricky - February 03, 2017, 12:21:32 PM
After some general reminiscing in the Hamsterserver IRC channel last night about MOHAA I decided to download a re-worked version of MOHAA from here:

http://mohaarevival.tk/

It's basically original MOHAA with high res widescreen and a fixed server browser so you can play online. I downloaded the torrent link (~2.5GB) and installed, ran the server browser fix that is included in the download, and started with the SP campaign, then played the V2 Launch Site map online. It works great. Awesome!!!!

:D :D :D