• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Pooping Man Sees Donald Trump's Face In His Bathroom Floor Tiles

Main Menu

Battlefield 3

Started by RichardWhitely, June 07, 2011, 06:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardWhitely

Looks awesome, better than call of duty shit

http://youtu.be/dfKixKElsXM <-- Low quality youtube rip

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-battlefield-3/714910 <-- shiny, shiny HD version
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Tricky

Awesome tank video. Unbelievable to think that's a game. Want it, gimme, gimme now!!!!!

|fury|

Tricky

So who here is getting BF3? So far I know of Rover, Bazza, and Paul.

Arathrael

I'll get it when it's cheap(er).
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

BigBazza

/gets the c4 ready

Here, Tricky tricky tricky   :D

Edit: Oh my sig thing has changed....

edit2, Byeeeeeeee sig

Calibrax

Mine was delivered today. Had a quick bash at the single player, not that impressed. But I bought it because I enjoyed the multiplayer beta. So far however I haven't been able to join a game, just keep getting "Failed to connect to server". Looks like it's the usual launch problems with server overloads. :(

rover

yes SP is sh1t (more so on the pc, i think they let the boss of EA come up with what keys did what) but MP is great

Tricky

Mine also arrived today and I had a bit of a bash. First impressions of the control panel interface and SP game weren't great. I'm not sure they bothered to test things like key binding. I spent the first 5 minutes dying as my joystick controlled movement as well as mouse, and the joystick couldn't be unbound. Managed to do it eventually although I still find that with MP I have to reset my personal preferences every time I load the game - e.g. zoom mode keeps changing back to 'hold', I prefer 'click'. Also graphics settings keep changing back from customised to auto. Bah! Anyway, SP sucks. But MP is really rather good so far. The squad play works pretty well. Medics are definately necessary! Ammo runs out quick so people need to give that out a lot. Graphics are pretty awesome too. The urban street combat is excellent.

I've created a {HamsteR} platoon - I assume no-one else has. I've tried to invite all of you but only hamsterrover is showing up in Battlelog as someone I can import from Origin. God knows why it isn't picking up the rest of you guys who are my 'Origin friends'. Hopefully once we all join the same platoon it'll make joining games as a group easier if we wish. I assume that's the idea. However, based on the crap testing I've seen so far I won't get my hopes up.

BTW, I kept getting kicked out of MP games after a random time period with server disconnection errors. Disabling uPNP on my sucky BE Box (Thomson 585) seemed to fix that.

Calibrax

One thing that annoys me is the server based multiplayer. No peer-to-peer. Which means I can't start a private game and then practice on my own, doing stuff like flying the choppers etc. So I have to learn while in a live game, and as always getting hold of a vehicle in a live game is a lottery :(

Tricky

Just join an empty server. That's what I did when I want to mess with the choppers in BFBC2. You can filter to show only empty servers. Admittedly, you have to hope no-one else joins but it usually works.

Tricky

No pings in your server browser when running IE? Run 32bit IE in Administrator mode (not 64bit IE if you have that). Pings will magically appear.

Tricky

Oh and the keybinding were sorted out by resetting all to defaults then re-configuring so that was a relief. Also the gameplay settings seemed to stick then as well.

JohnnyFind

For those that have the game, what are your Origin account ID's  :at-at:

BigBazza

Quote from: JohnnyFind on October 29, 2011, 12:36:46 PM
For those that have the game, what are your Origin account ID's  :at-at:

Just do a search for the {HamsteR} platoon. We're all in there.

See you all on the Battlefield on monday. Damn nightshifts  :D