• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

Web browsers

Started by Elmer Fudd, July 30, 2002, 09:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmer Fudd

Silly little question really   :silly:    but .......

When you open a browser to view a web page, how do you get it to open full page instead of a quarter?

I've looked all over XP for a setting but can't seem to find it anywhere !

Anybody help as this is so annoying  :x .

Mark. :D

|fury|

I think it remembers how you left it when you closed it last time. This can all get pretty confusing when you've got 3 million browser windows open at the same time, but it does kind of remember.

Try it - launch a new browser window resize then close it.
Launch another one, and it should open up the same size as the one you just closed.

Elmer Fudd

Tried it JH.

Same thing happens every time. I also thought it remembered but it does'nt seem to ....

"It's driving me CRAZY" :crazyeyes:

Mark. :D

UK SkidMark

Open your browser to the size you want, hold shift key down and close the window. That will update the size settings for next time.

Elmer Fudd

Just tried that too .......

Nope, just the same arrrghhhhhh !!!!!

I'm going mad, mad I tell yer !!!!! :x

|fury|

LOL!

elmer - your pc has obviously caught "windowshasbeeninstalledforlongerthan6months-itis"

:lol:

Elmer Fudd

Yep, your right JH !

So now I revert to telling myself, that browsers opening in little farting windows, are a benefit to me.

For all those with the standard opening browsers, please don't ask for tech help as to how you get yours like mine ........ 'cause I've not a clue !!!

But remember "small ones are more juicy"

|fury|

elmer - the technical term for windows gathering sh1te is apparently 'Cruft' -
http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=7453/ddj0208q/0208q.htm

{HamsteR}Blue

when ever i open my browser its appearing off screen somewhere and the only way i can see it is to right click the box at the bottom and select maximise.

dont know what caused it but aint a clue how to get it back to normal !

:(  :(  :(

UK SkidMark

Make it the only active window, you can use alt-tab to get to all the others and close 'em.
When it's the only active window, press alt-space, M, press up arrow then move your mouse around. You should eventually see the window as you drag it with your mouse.
Try it on a window you can see first to see what happens.

Undergrid

Another way to sort this out is by editing the registry...

WARNING: Always backup the registry before editing it, I take no responsibility if you screw up your machine

IE stores (at least for IE 6, other versions may differ) the location of the main window in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window_Placement

Deleting this value should cause IE to start as a resonably sized window on your desktop.  When you close that window the Window_Placement value will recreated storing the new location.

Brought to you by the magic of ntregmon :)
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

LoveQuafferAngel

I use Opera Only opens as one main window with child windows nested inside.