• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

A note to XP PRO users

Started by ACEsniper, July 22, 2002, 01:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACEsniper

I recently came across a site that is very intresting as i like to tweak my system up i try to find the best tweak sites i found an intresting guide on one of my sites it is about the Quality of Service (QOS) in XP PRO it uses alot of your Bandwidth to tranfer data on a network if you dont run a network their is a handy tweak that you can use here is how

1. Start - run - type gpedit.msc

2. Expand the "Computer configuration" branch

3. Expand the "Administrative templates" branch

4. Expand the "Network" branch

5. Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left window

6. In right window double click the "limit reservable bandwidth" setting

7. On setting tab check the "enabled" item

8. Where it says "Bandwidth limit %" change it to read 0-- Click apply,     OK, exit gpedit.msc

9. Go to your Network connections (start->my computer->my network connection-> view network connections). Right click on your connection, choose properties then under the General or the Networking tab (where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.

10. Reboot , now you are all done.

Just thought it could help some of you guys  :D

RichardWhitely

Heh! QoS on XP Pro dont work - another microsoft product that doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Besides, QoS will only work on QoS aware applications of which there are.... none. One to keep in mind when QoS aware apps become available though (if at all!).
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Undergrid

There was a lot of discussion about this the first time it came out,  iirc it only actually effects physical networks (ie local lans) and not dialup ones.  Of course if your using a router you probably have 10Mb or 100Mb speeds between it and you PC anyway, so the (by default) 10% reserved would have no effect.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Lt.Swan

i've got LAN and XP PRO
conection is just though 2 network cards
will this be good for me?????