• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Man Driving Giant Foot Leaves London Very, Very Confused

Main Menu

Those little Pictures ? How do I get them

Started by 2toes, July 16, 2002, 12:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2toes

Can any1 help, those little hamsters logos above your names, where do u get em from.

Can you create your own, if so how,

Cheers

2toes
"Walking like no other"

UK SkidMark

Otherwise known as an avatar.
Think the size limit is 80x80 pixels, less than 5K (summat like that).

If you have your own web space, setup your avatar, go to your profile and put in the location of the file.
If you don't have any webspace, mail me the file and I'll update your profile for ya.

There are also some standard ones on here, again chosen from your profile, if you want to use those.

Mail me if you've got any probs.

powered_by_guinness

Do you not let users upload their avatars to the forum's own webspace? I know there's space considerations but if it was limited to 6 or 7K it might be ok.

Sorry im new. Its pete! Nice to meet yaz all!

Lot

Quote from: powered_by_guinnessDo you not let users upload their avatars to the forum's own webspace? I know there's space considerations but if it was limited to 6 or 7K it might be ok.

Sorry im new. Its pete! Nice to meet yaz all!

Hiya Pete. Avatar upload is disabled. It isn't a space consideration, it's an issue of bandwidth. The less bandwidth used by the main site, the more visitors that can be accommodated.

|fury|

you can always host it on your own webspace - i do ;)

powered_by_guinness

Quote from: jonathanHoddyou can always host it on your own webspace - i do ;)

Thats the best way i agree, well i do it anyway. It's just that an increasing number of hosts don't let you link to files from a page thats stored outside of the same said webspace.

I agree about the bandwidth thing too. It's all about bandwidth these days aint it. Ah well. No win game ahoy me thinks :P

JohnnyFind

QuoteHiya Pete. Avatar upload is disabled. It isn't a space consideration, it's an issue of bandwidth. The less bandwidth used by the main site, the more visitors that can be accommodated

JohnnyFind would like a aviator :cry:

Htwo

email me the image you want and I can host it for you :)

powered_by_guinness

Or you could e-mail me :P Ohh im ready for a my-servers-faster-than-yours arguement :P

JohnnyFind

I have sent you the image Htwo!

Thanks in advance

Col

Err wouldn't this be better than a can of Red Bull?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)  8)  8)

powered_by_guinness

LoL! Now thats impressive! I do like Guinness (Extra Cold if avail.), but Red Bull is my go go juice when im at the computer. I know my handle doesnt really match the picture.

However... im seriously tempted to pinch that one ;)

Col

Be my guest, although you'll have to reduce the size unfortunately :(