• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Man Driving Giant Foot Leaves London Very, Very Confused

Main Menu

A couple of questions

Started by Spyke, April 10, 2003, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyke

First, the time that you guys post a message is stll showing an hour off on my end. No biggie really, just wondering why  :? .

Second, and this is the one that drives me, I have dialup here at work until they run the friggin lines another half mile down the road  :oops:  :evil: . I have a smokin' 24Kbps connection  :roll:  :cry: . Oh yeah you know you want it  :P  :lol: .  Problem is, I keep getting kicked off the server. I can be typing away answering an E-mail and click " connection has been disconnected '. Sometimes this will happen 4-5 times before I get stable enough to do anything. Sometimes I get connected and click, it kicks me off right away, sometimes its after a couple of minutes  :evil:  :evil: . Is there anything I can do at this end to help this or is it an ISP fix?

By the way its Xp P4 1.8 256 Ram S3 ProSavage 32 meg DDR Via Rhine 11 Ethernet Adapter  and no I'm not playing any games on it  :roll:  :lol:  :wink:

Any ideas ?

Undergrid

Times, meh... Postnuke never gets it right half the time, just ignore it..

As for the server, if your talking HS1 and its the autokicker booting you then Col can add you name to the exception list but at 24Kbps its a wonder you dont always get kicked..  If its not HS1 your talking about then you need to clarify what you mean.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Spyke

Sorry for the confusion  :oops: . That's what I get for typing and talking on the phone at the same time. What I meant to say was whenever I try to dialup to check my E-mail I sometimes can get it but more often than not I hear a "click" from the modem and I lose my connection. It then asks me if I want to redial which, being a sucker for punishment, I do. " click " off she goes again  :evil:  :evil: . Then the next time everythings fine. Until the next time and we start all over again.

This has nothing to do with HS1, or anything like that. This is at "work"  :P  :lol:  :roll: and I'm just trying to check my E-mail .  I wouldn't dream of trying to play on your server with a 24Kbps connection. Well, I might dream about it, like every darn night  :lol: . Plus the old "work " computer just doesn't have the oomph needed for most games anyway. Well, I guess I could stick in some more ram and a little bigger processor and get rid of that on board sound and I should get a new video card.... sorry drifted off there  :wink: .

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to try and answer my somewhat rambling questions.  By the way, " Times, meh..." When i read that I nearly fell off my chair laughing  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

stickywhite

in outlook express select tools/accounts/mail

make sure that each of your mail accounts are set to use any connection, if not it will disconnect and try and reconnect on that accounts own dialup.
hope this helps

|fury|

make sure your timezone is set correctly in your postnuke profile