• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Pooping Man Sees Donald Trump's Face In His Bathroom Floor Tiles

Main Menu

The Warhammer Online thread

Started by RichardWhitely, September 08, 2008, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardWhitely

Well after spending an entire day to register my Warhammer Online open beta key. I finally got it registered :banana2:.

Quote from: teh emailGreetings Gonzothestupid,

Your CD-Key has been correctly registered. It also gives you access to the following components which have been activated:

Open Beta Licence
Open Beta period (07/09/2008 to 13/09/2008 included)

The reason why I have gonzothestupid as a nickname on that site is because registering also took about 5 million attempts, so burned through a lot of nicknames and email addresses trying to get registered.

Anyway. I didnt think the website had validated my key as the site was timing out a lot during key registration, it seems however the request was processed by the server. It's just I never got a reply from the site to say so (just got a timeout error instead). And only noticed I could login to the game, when I tried the game patcher login before bed :D. Then a little later after I had logged into the game, I got the email quoted above :D

Doesnt stop GOA from sucking major balls though. Wasted an entire day of beta trying to get logged in. EA/Mythic managed to get the USA launch right and had account registration open for the past week. Why didnt GOA do that?, but then GOA did fuck up Dark Age of Camelot, so what else do people expect from them? Idiots at mythic for using GOA again..

Anyway, have got logged into the game now. Will create a character tomorrow evening and have a run around the game trying it out :D
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

RichardWhitely

Apparently theres nothing but french servers online. The english and german servers went offline at 4:30am and no word as to why they went offline or when they will be back. Wheeeeeee

It gets better too, GOA's main community manager dude IainC (a man with his head firmly up his arse) has just posted on warhammeralliance.com the following:

QuoteOf course you were disappointed and criticism is certainly warranted but frankly many of the posts made about the situation were borderline sociopathic. If having delayed access to a beta test really drives you to such depths of anger and fury then - and there is no polite way to put this - there is something wrong with you

Of course, this just made the level of hate against GOA rise even more. Yeah, there was a lot of stupid "Burn GOA's HQ" and tons of bad language and stuff. You'll always get that. However, its better not to say anything about it and ignore it. Let alone write on a forum, "hey you are a nutjob" especially when you are the main english community person. Customer service 101 course for GOA please!

They brought it upon themselves really, they were too arrogant to bring the account pages online earlier, despite EA/Mythic bringing theirs online at the start of the month. They just kept posting "oh it will be fine. We have planned to bring it online a few hours before open beta launch". Everyone told them it would fall over which it did. They claim it wasnt the traffic that brought the server to its knees, but some bug in the database that wasnt revealed during testing. If they had of brought the account pages online sooner they may have spotted this bug sooner and got it fixed sooner and avoided all of this.
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

RichardWhitely

If you really want to try warhammer online then I recommend downloading the US Client - [censored] GOA. You can get an open beta key from here:

http://www.warcry.com/contests/register/warhammerbeta

At the time of posting they still have keys.

Download the US open beta client using this torrent: http://torrent2.eamythic.com:8085/torrents/da837808d5a668b0498073e6db6acd41105ae499.torrent

As for the retail key itself there are two options: Buying just an online key from here: http://www.offgamers.com/warhammer-online/us-c-1976-3424.ogm?tpl=2

Or importing a proper retail box from the USA through www.dvdboxoffice.com (free international shipping).

I did try the US Warhammer beta sign up and its very painless, was done in about 20 seconds. Compared with the 1.5 days it is now for the EU open beta and its still not sorted out properly 8O

(the retail box links are just a mental note for me really and also in the off chance anyone else is interested, in case I decide to keep going with Warhammer and GOA [censored]s up the retail launch in a very big way and the pattern continues for about a month with servers going on and offline without warning etc... I will give the EU retail a go first and see how it is for the first month)
I play games on a: