• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Angry Seagull Forces Cornwall Tesco To Close After Taking Over Pet Food Aisle.

Main Menu

Solo Ancient Krayt the Medic way.

Started by Undergrid, November 23, 2005, 01:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undergrid

Everyone now has a Jedi right?  And you need power crystals or krayt pearls to up the damage on your sabre, but they are expensive and you can't afford the good ones.  Follow this guide to solo your own Ancient Krayt!

Why Medic?

Advantages:

Two heal skills on different usage timers.
    Some nice additional DOTs[/list:u]

Disadvantages:

A preference for lower kenetic resist armor (and if anyone finds any Ubese with 6000+ kenetic resist let me know.
      No snares or roots.[/list:u]

Skills

You'll want to be pretty high level, I've solod canyon krayt at 85 but Ancients kept winning until about CL88.  So, the skills:

Your highest group heal (+4000).
    Your highest self heal (+4200).
    Your highest poison canister.
    Your highest bleed dot.
    Favour of the elders[/list:u]

Equipment

A high damage, fast firing pistol (I use a DE-10).
    A long range rifle (one of the 65m ones)
    High kenetic resist armour
    Medic Reward Ring (Optional)
    Medic Reward Pendant (Optional)
    Medic Reward Backback (Optional)
    Brandy (Optional)[/list:u]

I don't know if you really need the medic rewards, I just happened to have them equiped when I solod an ancient.

Select your target

You want one Krayt, alone and seperate from every other MOB in the area, remember your going to be using an area DOT and you don't want to hit any other Krayt's.  You will not survive tanking two krayts, if a second agros on you don't wait, run.

If your near housing, check them out first.  A lot of people have public houses near the graveyard and running into one will break agro if something goes wrong.

Buff and Pull

Apply your buffs if your using them, brandy, Favour of the Elders and (with the latest patch) Neutrient Injection.

Your rifle is for pulling Krayt that may be a little too close to others for comfort, one or two shots at max range should be enough to get its attention (hopefully without getting the attention of the others) and get it to come to you, you can run for a bit to move the target to a better area.

Kill it and heal yourself

Once your in position and the Krayt is attacking you want to chain your poison canisters while shooting with your pistol.  You can apply the occasional bleed to but it doesn't make much difference.

Don't waste your action bar on unnecessary attacks or you wont be able to heal when you have to.

Once your health is at about 50% heal yourself.  Try not to use the other heal untill the last one you've used is at least 50% recharged.

Keep healing, poisoning and shooting till the Krayt is dead.

Important Note

Heals and the poison canaster wont always apply if you try and right click with a target.  Rotate the view so the dragon is in one half of the screen and press alt to release the mouse.  This allows you to fire on the dragon then move the mouse to an area of the screen where there isn't a target to apply heals and poison.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

Undergrid

Loot

There may be a disconcerting delay before the loot dialog comes up.  The only ancient I've killed so far dropped a Premium perl, non Jedi can now tell what they are.  The Canyons I've killed have dropped Select and Quality.  There are also scratched and damaged pearls that are basically usless.

Thats it, Enjoy soloing krayt.
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?