• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Brits Warned Of Seagulls Across The UK 'Tripping On Acid'

Main Menu

Battlefield 3

Started by RichardWhitely, June 07, 2011, 06:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyFind

I'm having problems doing that.

Calibrax

Quote from: Tricky on October 28, 2011, 10:50:56 PM
Just join an empty server. That's what I did when I want to mess with the choppers in BFBC2. You can filter to show only empty servers. Admittedly, you have to hope no-one else joins but it usually works.

Nope. Puts you in the game but doesn't let you move at all until you have a minimum number of players :(

Calibrax

Found you guys but maybe because I'm on Xbox360 it wont let me apply to join the platoon :(

Error it gives is "You cannot apply to this platoon with your currently selected soldier"...

Tricky

Tricky

Calibrax

Yep, I'm Paracen. Had used "calibrax" on original xbox and when I got a 360 I couldn't remember the password for the calibrax account. So I used one of my Earth & Beyond aliases instead :)

Tricky

I tried inviting you instead but it wouldn't let me do it that way either - got a message about you being on a different platform.

Undergrid

QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

|fury|

if it's ajax powered, they're supposed to stick that in the url to signify it for seo?
we tend to render then overwrite with an ajax update though, much neater :)

Undergrid

It was ment as a SEO lifeline for badly designed sites, not as a new way of implementing hidden data.  Have a look at these URLs for info

http://www.webmonkey.com/2011/02/gawker-learns-the-hard-way-why-hash-bang-urls-are-evil/
http://isolani.co.uk/blog/javascript/BreakingTheWebWithHashBangs

The quote is most amusing

the #! URL syntax was especially geared for sites that got the fundamental web development best practices horribly wrong, and gave them a lifeline to getting their content seen by Googlebot.

And today, this emergency rescue package seems to be regarded as the One True Way of web development by engineers from Facebook, Twitter, and now Lifehacker.

And now EA, sigh..
QuoteIn the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the proper order then why can't he?

|fury|

ta for the links, will pass them on to teh dev team - i tend to spend my time on back-end stuff so have escaped the front end bollocks so only have a very ignorant, passing knowledge of his kind of malarkey  :banana2: :cop:

Rik_S

Expecting the delivery of my new oooober pooter in the next week, shoud be giving BF3 a run.

I couldn't even upgrade as all my kit was so ancient  :?

BF3 looks lonely sitting on my desk in still in the wrapper  :(

JohnnyFind

what's with all the server time outs?

anyone else having such issues?

Tricky

I had the same issues. I fixed it by disabling uPNP on my router. Other people on the BF3 forums have reported that re-installing Punkbuster with the 'correct' version (whatever that means) fixes it. I'd try disabling uPNP first before messing with PB.

JohnnyFind

manually updated punkpuster and done the following, still not having much luck.

Okay so after six hours of desperately trying to get the game running with the major error being the "Your connection to the server has timed out" i finally managed to solve it. I'm on windows 7 64bit, i've tried everything there is to try and nothing helped. I cannot guarantee that this will work but you can give it a try. Now i can play rounds for as long as i like and theres NO disconnection or crash whatsoever.

Here goes:
1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery.
6. SAVE CHANGES

This should solve the problem, if it didn't, we'll just have to wait for Dice/EA to fix it.