• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Woman Leaves Dog In Car, Dog Crashes Car Into Supermarket

Main Menu

World of Warcraft + New Internet Connection

Started by JohnnyFind, February 17, 2005, 03:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyFind

After 47 long days my new 4Mbit internet connection is liveÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã‚Ã,¦..  

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=d14df310220cc35a7e25ec862

Finally managed to install World of Warcraft and get online to play, this game gets a big thumbs up from me.  I did have my doubts about the cartoony looking graphics but they actually look and work really well in game.  The game is awesome; hopefully IÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã¢ââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ll see some of you in there.

I have a few characters on the following server:

Ravencrest (PVP)
JohnnyLost (Alliance)
Dwarf Hunter

Ravencrest  (PVP)
JohnnyFind (Alliance)
Gnome Warlock

Ravencrest (PVP)
Forgiveme (Alliance)
Dwarf Warrior

Short and sweet as IÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã¢ââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢m going back inÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã‚Ã,¦ :wink:

Emma

I'm considering buying this game :) Considering SWg is going down the pan, sorry i mean GONE down the pan :)

Ahhh bugger it, i'm about to order it :D :D

JohnnyFind

Please don't do it, you will become seriously addicted and will no longer have time for others  :wink:

Ignore the server recommendation at the login screen, if you want to play Alliance then join Dai and me on Ravencrest.

Emma

I want to be addicted to it, lol :)

Order has been placed, i should have it by thursday :D so i'll see you both then :D

Dai

Nice work Emm its a great game.

Im seriously enjoying it now.  The guild were in seems really good too. I cant wait to get a bit higher level to do some more of the instances.
Get onto ravencrest its well worth it :-)

if you ignore the irritating kids at the lower levels you will be fine.

plenty of solo and group oppurtunities. THe game really seems to open up at level 20.

I'm loving tanking as my dwarf warrior its really fun and very frenetic lol :-)

Word of advice if you plan to do mining as a proffesion dont go a nightelf character... theres no mining spots in their newbie zones.

Emma

Emma

ok, i've installed, and i'm now patching :)
I will probably go Elf as thats is my RL initals :D
I will give you both a shout later if your on :)

Emma

ok i'm in :)

Ravencrest (PVP)
Stajio
NightElf :D :D

Dai

Hope you are enjoying the game Emm...

It is definitely one of the better MMO's out there at the moment.

I nearly didnt play it due to all the bad press about lag and server queue's etc.

But i am glad i took a chance as the lag is almost non-existant in game. Even in the main Alliance town Ironforge i get no slowdown.

What do you think of it Emm?

Emma

So far i'm loving it, haven't had much chance to play really as my kids seem too love it too :?

Finding my way around is a bit difficult, but i'm sure i'll get the hang of it :)

Dai

Just while i remember bit of info for you Emm as i have missed you online last week or two due to your hours of work.

remember to check www.mercenaries.ws about the PvP Sunday events you should soon be coming up to a level where you can take part in some of the lower level guild PvP action i think :-)

Will try to see if myself and elo can organise something to include people lvl30+ aswell :-)

Emma

Thanks Dai, I will check out the site as soon as i get time (been working silly hours and i got me a new toy to play on /me kisses my Yamaha R6) :D :D
Hopefully i will be on Sunday night if not before :)

JohnnyFind

Here was me thinking you had left the land of WoW Emma....

...Great news to hear that you are still around

I'm now L59 and fast approching L60, looking forward to the new 1.6 patch...warlocks may rock once again.

Dai

Quote from: JohnnyFind
I'm now L59 and fast approching L60, looking forward to the new 1.6 patch...warlocks may rock once again.

They may do but then we may see some pigs flying through Ashenvale forest too lol :D

I'm looking forward to the 1.6 Hamstring Changes for warrior though looks very interesting :-)

Malakith

I take it none of you guys are on Dunemaul (PvP) then...... been there since launch so No im not going to swap and lose all my characters before anyone suggests it :P

So, Anyone on dunemaul or u all on other dodgier servers ;)