• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Police Swoop In To Stop 'Illegal Rubber Duck Race' In The Cotswolds

Main Menu

Changing weapons causes crash

Started by Dai, August 05, 2003, 11:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dai

Hi all Just wondering if anybody has encountered a problem where when in game you try to change weapons using the mouse wheel and the whole thing crashes to desktop???

Im using DODV1.0 on XP pro

Any ideas or is it just a case of updating to solve the problem????

Cheers

RichardWhitely

Yes try DOD 3.xx :D - If it still does it, then ummm, we'll think of something else to try ;)
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

BigBazza

Quote from: PaulYes try DOD 3.xx :D - If it still does it, then ummm, we'll think of something else to try ;)

You know that DoD 1.0 is more recent than DoD 3.xx don't you Paul? :D

I'll give it a try when I come in from the sun.  

It's frying time,  woohoo :D

RichardWhitely

It is?! How odd....

Always thought 3 came after 1....
I play games on a:
ZX Spectrum 48K | Grundig C410 cassette recorder (adjustable head) | 20BT TV Philips Multistandard Color V37cm | ZX Interface 2 | New Kempston Compatible Competition Pro Switched Joystick | Sinclair BASIC OS

Dai

Its very strange problem.

I suppose Id best wait for the new DOD release then

Cheers

BigBazza

Dod had got up to 3.xx but then someone had the idea of putting it in the shops as a standalone game with out the need for Half-Life to be on your PC.

And the retail game is 1.0 and that's the latest mod :D

Makes perfect sense when you think about it :drinking:

RichardWhitely

I play games on a:

BigBazza

Back to the topic :D

I set up a quick Lan game and I didn't have any problems changing the weapons using the mouse wheel.

I'm using XP Pro and one of an Optical Microsoft mouse.

P.S You have got Half-Life patched up to 1.1.1.0?

Dai

Quote from: BigBazzaBack to the topic :D

I set up a quick Lan game and I didn't have any problems changing the weapons using the mouse wheel.

I'm using XP Pro and one of an Optical Microsoft mouse.

P.S You have got Half-Life patched up to 1.1.1.0?

Im using XP pro latest version Half Life and a Microsoft intellimouse Optical (2 buttons extra one on each side of mouse).

I havent tried running it locally yet, but whenever I connect to a internet server it crashes the hl.exe

Strange mind.

Dai

Just tried a Lan game.

No Crash at all can change weapons and all, no problem.

Hmmmmm

Im going to try connecting to a DOD server now to see if problem still exists. It might be that Im on a 56k modem and my LAG is too high and its causing me to be booted, not nice way to be booted though.

Dai

Ive just tried playing it again and it seems fine again.

Very strange, I'll post again if the problem occurrs again

Thanks anyhow

Dai

RichieGuy

Blimey Dai, you post to the forums quicker than most of us do when we chat on IRC :jaw:  :wink:  :lol:

Dai

Quote from: RichieGuyBlimey Dai, you post to the forums quicker than most of us do when we chat on IRC :jaw:  :wink:  :lol:

hehe.

Thats why I earned the Spammer tag ;)

So from the details under your avataer Im assuming your from near Pembroke somewhere??

RichieGuy

I can see the Pembroke river from my house  :wink:

Dai

Im mid way between Swansea and Carmarthen