• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Man Driving Giant Foot Leaves London Very, Very Confused

Main Menu

First impressions

Started by Calibrax, May 07, 2008, 12:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calibrax

Well, got my Xbox360 at last, here's my impressions of the games I've tried so far. Haven't really tried online yet, will get around to that at the weekend.

I was also very pleasantly surprised to find out that I can use my x360 to stream movies from the other PCs in my network to my TV... which is great, as I have loads of great TV series and movies on my network.

Anyway, the games :

GTA4 : this is massive. Loads to do, I haven't even scratched the surface yet. Car handling is shite though, and the brakes on the cars barely work.... hopefully there will be a patch to fix it. Driving while drunk is fun though!  9.5/10

Forza2 : My favourite game so far. Did a couple of free runs on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, it was stunning. The cars handle great, really fun to play.  10/10

PGR4 : Also excellent. Very close to Forza2 in terms of enjoyment. 9.5/10

FIFA 2006 : Great graphics, the players actually look like their real life counterparts. Fun for a bit, but gameplay can get boring. 6/10

Bioshock : Stunning graphics and amazing storyline. Gameplay is standard FPS, so it's a struggle to learn on a pad... 8.5/10

Assassin's Creed : Really long story intro, controls a bit fiddly, and lots of them to learn. It's growing on me though! 9/10

Coming soon...
Oblivion
Halo 3
Viva Pinata
Dead Rising
Ace Combat 6
Mass Effect

rover

the cars in gta4 will stay crap on the handling side of things cal you need to go for the ones that look like european cars ( the merc bmw3 and i think theres a lambo look alike and a ferrari too) the ones that look like yank cars handl like them.  :meuh: