• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Pooping Man Sees Donald Trump's Face In His Bathroom Floor Tiles

Main Menu

CoH mind/emp L23, current build

Started by |fury|, June 21, 2007, 12:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|fury|

As mentioned in irc, here is my mind/emp's current build. AS far as I'm concerned she doesn't deal enough damage, and doesn't really heal enough either, so would appreciate comments on where to look for improvements or whether to just respec. I'd ignore the slot & power 'levels' - i just randomly added them in

screenie of manage screen here

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.20
http://www.honourableunited.org.uk/mhd.php

Jade Mindstorm: Level 23 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Empathy
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- Dmg(A), Dmg(3), Sleep(5), EndRdx(5), Acc(7)
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(7), EndRdx(9), EndRdx(9), RechRdx(11), RechRdx(11)
Level 2: Dominate -- Dmg(A), Hold(3), Hold(13), RechRdx(13), EndRdx(15), Acc(15)
Level 4: Heal Other -- Heal(A), EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Recall Friend -- EndRdx(A)
Level 8: Mass Hypnosis -- RechRdx(A), Acc(17), Sleep(19)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(19)
Level 12: Confuse -- Acc(A)
Level 14: Telekinesis -- Empty(A), Empty(21)
Level 16: Resurrect -- RechRdx(A)
Level 18: Total Domination -- Acc(A), RechRdx(21)
Level 20: Fortitude -- ToHit(A)
Level 22: Teleport -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(23), Empty(23)

------------
Level 1: Brawl -- Dmg(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx(A)
Level 1: Containment

Arathrael

Ooooh, tricky.

As far as damage goes, you'd need to add in Levitate for that. Combined with Dominate for containment, it does lots of damage (especially against those pesky psionic-resisting robots). Levitate can also be useful with the knock-up to take something out of action long enough to get another hold in for example.

One suggested build up to L23 might be:

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.153
http://www.onthejazz.co.uk/hu/mhd.php

Level 23 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Empathy
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fitness

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- Acc(A), Acc(3), Dmg(11), Dmg(17), Dmg(19)
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(5), Heal(9)
Level 2: Dominate -- Acc(A), Acc(3), Dmg(5), Dmg(7), Hold(9), RechRdx(17)
Level 4: Heal Other -- Heal(A), Heal(7), Heal(15), RechRdx(19)
Level 6: Confuse -- Acc(A)
Level 8: Mass Hypnosis -- Acc(A), Acc(15)
Level 10: Resurrect -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(11)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(13), RechRdx(13)
Level 14: Super Speed -- EndRdx(A)
Level 16: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 18: Health -- Heal(A)
Level 20: Stamina -- EndMod(A), EndMod(21), EndMod(21)
Level 22: Levitate -- Acc(A), Acc(23), Dmg(23)
------------
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

(don't take the enhancements as anything other than me slapping something in there quickly)

That would give you more damage with a dominate/levitate chain, with hasten up as much as possible and the endurance to power it. For pure damage, I'd then be looking at Total Domination at L24, then Terrify at L26 (first one followed by second means cone damage with containment - nice), Recovery Aura at L28, one of Telekinesis/Clear Mind/Fortitude/Recall Friend at L30, and Mass Confusion at L32. The healing isn't much there though - this is a bit of a soloer build with Heal Other and Resurrect being the only team-only powers really.

And, at the L23 point, you'd lose out on Total Domination (which isn't actually that great - needs several accuracy enhancements and recharge reductions and hold durations to be really useful, I mainly use it as a panic button or to set up containment for Terrify or Fireball), Telekinesis (not that big a loss at that point, since it needs several endurance reductions AND Stamina (or Recovery Aura up) to be very useful), and Recall Friend (useful in teams) and Teleport.

Otherwise, Confuse is really useful on bosses (and can be on AVs too), so I wouldn't drop that, and I'd keep Mesmerize with an Empathy secondary (I don't have it on Robbie, but there's a lot more active powers in Kinetics - Siphon Speed and Siphon Power both fit in the attack chain as well at lower levels). So if you want to solo I'd definitely want Levitate in there - I think the options are a bit limited.

It's a bit of a balancing act really. I think your existing build is fine for the team route (maybe leave out telekinesis for a bit, maybe until after Recovery Aura if you're not taking Stamina so you've got the endurance to power it and do something else at the same time, and bring in Clear Mind for the mez-protection for teammates) but I'd think soloing would be a bit painful.
Cave Cricetum! :hammering:

|fury|