• Welcome to hamsterserver.com :: demented rodent gaming.

News:

Woman Leaves Dog In Car, Dog Crashes Car Into Supermarket

Main Menu

FarCry

Started by SCoob [NL], March 26, 2004, 09:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyke

Grrrr!!

Now my game is locking up on the loading screen. It was working great once I had put on the 4.2 drivers but now...
/me thinks he will go with the 4.3's and see what happens.
BTW, that's the same thing I ended up doing with the dingy, although I slipped off the flight deck. :roll: :lol:

Spyke

Holy mother, why is everything so freakin' hard for me?  :evil:

Ok, game is now running again.
Let's see, uninstalled the 4.2's and installed the 4.3's, reinstalled the patch, screwed with the settings on my card, dropped my desktop the same resolution as the game (1024x768x32), rebooted too many times to count, dropped the refresh rate from 85hz to 70hz and loaded a level back from where I had my last save, and YES!! It works again.

It sems like I'm the only one who is having any problems like this. The funny thing is that after all that, I think if I had dropped the refresh rate in the first place it probably would have worked fine.
Although, why did it work before :scratch:.

Wicked game though. If it wasn't I wouldn't be feckin around so much with it.
/me has bad temper and would normally smashy, smashy.

You should see the part I'm at now, you have to....while you....

Trivulator

erhhhh are you at the part that you feel like your walking in Jurasic Park with all kinds of jawfaced animals popping up from nowhere?

Tricky

I've just done the bit inside where you have to kill the 'boss' monster with rocket launchers for hands and a few smaller critters from above, and then swim up through a flooded tunnel to get into the room. This game is fun... :D

Spyke

I just finished the game last night. \o/

I have been playing it for small amounts ( half an hour here and there whenever I had the chance ) so I don't really know how long it actually took me, but it did seem to be pretty long.

Excellent game. Now, if i could just get a card that is DX9 compatible, I might be able to see what it really looks like. :roll: :wink:.
I have it running quite well now, although I do have some water issues, texture drop outs. This is one beast of a game.
I completed it on the Medium difficulty setting, I don't know if I want to move up a level or not.
/me ---->  :arcade:
Oh yeah, here's a link that provides a way to Quick load / quick save  http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=504105513

Enjoy. :smile:

SCoob [NL]

Almost at the end of the game (I think) just entering the main building.
Hate those big things with big shooting things, specially when low on ammo :(

Spyke

Hmmmph, I was at a buddies of mine who has a very similar computer except that he has a ATI 9800 pro, where I have an ATI 9100 both of which are 128 meg cards, and he has no trouble at all running the game at high and very high.
And it looks great!! :chunter:

Sigh, I REALLY need a new card.

SCoob [NL]

What I thought was near the end wasn't..... some badguy dropped me on top of a hill with a gun (10 bullets) and a ugly thing comming at me.
That's not all, lots a ugly things down that hill...looks impossible to pass that one.

Any hints?

Also my HDU crashed last night, so only have my installed copy left. :(